[POLL] About to create a big midi controller, which VST should I choose

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Zzup, May 29, 2020.

?

What kind of VST would you love to tweak with a midi controller ?

1. Xfer - Serum

2. U-he - Ace

3. Fabfilter - ProQ3

4. U-he - Diva

5. U-he - Hive

6. Fl Studio mixer

7. Spectrasonics - Omnisphere

8. Reveal Sound - Spire

9. U-he - Zebra

10. Other (tell me in answer)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Zzup

Zzup Ultrasonic

Sylence is in the middle of the two ideas (all standalone vs only midi). There is an embedded soundcard so the sound is generated inside (to be as close as possible of a synthesizer) the synth, but the vst is hosted by an external PC.
    half idea.gif
    You plug the USB and Sylence is ready to be playable.

Sylenth1.jpg

There is 1 problem with this audio routing. As most of DAW can only cope with 1 audio interface, all of the audio not coming from sylenth1 (let'say drums pattern) go thru the Sylence audio output. If I wanna put some hardware fx to the "synth", the drums are also affected.
    This problem is solved (will be in my next version synth) by putting the VST inside the box. The only output is the audio from the VST.

I will meditate on this idea of two layer in 1 controller. My aim is to do a nice layer that go nicely with the vst GUI, I think that I prefer to do 3 controller (as the hardware inside is the same) for 3 VSt than 1 controller for 3 VST.

Motorized fader is a good idea but I don't know much how to implement it. The fact that grieves me is that midi is unidirectional and I never succed to call back parameters (when changing presets).

2. Neflum

Neflum Ultrasonic

So much respect dude, I've always wondered about doing this but am not handy enough in electronics.

My vote would be for Pigments, with the new V4 that just came out it would be a good time. Also idk how easy it would be but Arturia has a big line of a lot of good synths so you could possibly even make it semi-viable with multiple topnotch synths at the same time.

Either way tho I would buy a pigments co troller 100% :wink:

EDIT: I KEEP REVIVING OLD THREADS PLEASE FORGIVE MY SINS
    but yeah a pigments v4 controller would still be cool, just sayin...

Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
  3. clone

clone Audiosexual

The DSP56300 of course. :winker:

4. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

I chose ProQ3 because instrument controllers are a dime a dozen. Dedicated virtual outboard gear controllers are sexy.

5. Zzup

Zzup Ultrasonic

6. jennyblack

jennyblack Audiosexual

Vital.
    I just wish Vital could sound like softube modular, because Vital's workflow is perfect (or close to perfection). But the sound, not so much...