Plugins show in scan but not in installed plugins FLS 12.5

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by rem, Nov 15, 2017.

1. rem

rem Member

Hello all,

I know there's been a thread on plugins not found in FLS 12 but I have a different issue on 12.5. First, the refresh plugin list is gone. Now it seems you have to scan in FL Studio Plugin Manager. When I do, various VSTs I installed show up when the scan is done. But they don't show up in the installed list and so cannot be inserted. I thought that was because I had to make them favourites first (weird thought but bear with me) but when I select an individual plugins in Fl Studio Plugin Manager and select Favourite in the left hand panel, and then click on Apply Settings, it doesn't seem to have any effects. If I select something else and then come back to that plugin, the favourite button is no longer highlighted. As for slecting a favourite by checking the F column in the right hand side panel, it does not work at all (check is greyed out and does not change on click).

I am completely mystified. I have tried with several VST effects. No luck with any of them.

I would really appreciate any assistance and pointers.

Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  3. oneunder

oneunder Ultrasonic

Quick workaround is to double click the plugins name in the manager app. Hope that helps.

4. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

@oneunder isn't a doubleclick the same as a single click and only selects the plugin :dunno:

@rem you could try delesecting some folders in the plugin manager. Maybe start with leaving only the fl and your main vst folders ticked for scanning. Once I (accidentally) made some steinberg folders and FLs plugin manager recognized that somehow.

After that everytime I tried to verify my plugins (and because FL scanned that folder) everything went to sh... and I also couldn't select favourites anymore, exactly like you described your problem and everything was greyed out, so it could be the same bug (which I simply solved by deselecting the rogue folders).

And you don't have to scan every plugin with the manager (to verify them), but some vsts (like momentarily the waves shells) seem to produce less errors after doing this.

5. Unirorm

Unirorm Producer

Go to X:\FL STUDIO\Data\Patches\Plugin database\Generators
    You see anything in there? Are your VSTi's in there?

6. oneunder

oneunder Ultrasonic

I mean by double clicking it loads the plugin to your track but doesn't add the name to the list. Not a fix but handy if you are missing an instrument in your mix.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Maybe try moving the problem plugins into their own folder, and tell FL to scan that folder for new VSTs too.

Maybe reinstall the 'problem' plugins into another folder but, instal the plugins' "application files" AND "*.dll" file into the same folder.

Are you using 32 or 64 bit version of FL?

Are the problem plugins 32, 64, VST3?

Do the plugins show as failing in the plugin manager at all?

Have you accidentally installed two different versions of the same 'problem' plugin?

* I've never run into this particular problem before.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. rem

rem Member

Thank you all for your help and suggestions. I somehow did not get email notifications of your posts so I only just saw them. I will let you know after I reinstall FLS.

9. statik

statik Audiosexual

for shits and kicks i decided to try and look into this problem and strange enough my list of plugins stops after the plugin version of FL, the rest just refuses to show

10. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

Best Answer
    I think the solution for all of you having problems with the plugin manager and scanning is to update that sucker to version 1.61.165.
    It is highly likely that you get errors during scanning with any older version of FL 12. Most of you are probably still on 12.5.1.5. :bleh:

Whats best is you can update the Plugin Manager separately and don't need to update FL to 12.5.1.165 (so you can still use all the cool skins c;)
    Simply download the patch from IL (search for Plugin Manager in their forum) and then replace the Plugin Manager.exe and everything should be great again. :wink:

:cheers:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. rem

rem Member

Thank you. I didn't find the update of the plugin manager only but restarting the plugin manager directly from its executable file in admin mode seems to have done the trick.

12. s'ma no acid krew

s'ma no acid krew Noisemaker

http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?f=1919&t=177620
    the update patch including pluginmanager

and do what Mainzelmann said concerning the Plugin Manager.exe, if you paste all files from the patch to upgrade to FL 12.5.1.165 remember to do the magic again

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. Loy

Loy Member

Guys, this is fucked up ( all without results:dunno:

Attached Files:

14. Loy

Loy Member

Everything okay, all the files have been deleted from C: \ Program Files \ Common Files \ VST3 and C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Common Files \ VST3:bleh:

Now I will, once again install waves complete :unsure:

15. Jeffrey_Goinz

Jeffrey_Goinz Ultrasonic

Go to:

FL Studio 12\Data\Patches\Plugin database\Installed\Effects\VST
    FL Studio 12\Data\Patches\Plugin database\Installed\Generators\VST

Look for the ".FST" and ".NFO" Presetfiles (Press Ctrl + A) and Delete them all! Then Start FL Studio 12 and click on "Fast Scan" ... may it Helps if u uncheck "Combine 32 + 64 bit and VST, VST3 Presets" in the Fl Studio Plugin Manager.

This works for me! Good Luck... :thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  16. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

No don't!!!

You did not do a verified scan!!! At least this is what I see at the picture you posted..
    And what do you need the 9.6 Waveshell for?

Also have a read here

https://audiosex.pro/threads/waves-9-91-tip-of-the-day-for-use-with-fl-studio-plugindb.31988/

@Jeffrey_Goinz did you update your plugin manager to the latest version? Because I did what you did before too but it worked only a short time and then everything went sideways. The old manager was broke somehow. It was due to their own dll -> the fl64multiout.dll
    But it seems this problem does only occur with a few plugins, and not many people using waves in fL I think. Otherwise there would have been a bigger shitstorm.

17. Jeffrey_Goinz

Jeffrey_Goinz Ultrasonic

I just use the Plugin Manager v1.6.1 from the actual build v12.5.1, untouched. May its works in my case because i dont Verify the Plugins, the most of the options in the Scan options are unchecked. I only use Fast Scan and choose the Plugins from the Browser. In General everything works, but from my view not so good like the FL versions before, i hope they Fix this.

18. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

@Jeffrey_Goinz they already fixed it, have a look at loys picture, he has the fixed one :winker: and @s'ma no acid krew posted a link to the download, one post above that picture... But you have to be registered to download only the fix I think.

19. mewoingtons

mewoingtons Producer

The Plugin Manager has been a mess for me as well, getting duplicates of every plugin for some reason. Just gonna wait it out for FL 20 before I bother updating anything.

20. LV4-26

LV4-26 Guest

Unclick no useful

21. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

Afaik, there is no way to avert the scan. FL absolutely wants to scan at least its own dlls and the Vst3 folders. :bleh: :dunno:

If you still encounter problems during scanning, after updating the plugin manager to .165, make sure you always start FL with admin rights when scanning, this can prevent some scanning errors (which can mess up your plugin db). :winker: