Plugins recreating 90 & 2000 decades sounds

Discussion in 'Software' started by Thunderbolt, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt Ultrasonic

Hi everybody.

I´m looking for some plugins that recreate some old and typical sounds from these two decades, like Nightcrawlers, Blueboy, Technotronic, The KLF and similar. I´ve checked some, Nineteen 91, Trance Euphoria Back to the 90´s... There are some more? For any platform, sampler or rompler.

Thanks.

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

1.) Best VSTs for Techno? (Noise Engineering's VST Review & Tutorial) + free presets

A question that come across often, especially from beginners, is "What are the best vst to make techno ?". The right answer is "any" , but this answer can be quite frustrating, so today I am gonna share with you 3 plugins that I think are perfect for techno, getting that edgy sound really quick. Oh, also...they are free...

Freequel Bundle: Sinc Vereor, Virt Vereor, Ruina
    https://noiseengineering.us/products/the-freequel-bundle-sinc-vereor-virt-vereor-ruina

2.) Noizefield - 4 Tune VSTi www.noizefield.com/products/4-tune and https://plugins4free.com/plugin/2203/
    Ugo Audio - Rez https://plugins4free.com/plugin/1296/
    Kick Machine Free www.noizefield.com/products/kick-machine-free

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
  4. Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt Ultrasonic

Thanks for the reply. I´ll download plugins.

What I´m looking for is some plugin that already incorporates presets with sounds as I mentioned above, in the line of Beat Machine Nineteen Ninety one plugin or any other. I remember to listen in some moment the main lead from Nightcrawlers "push the feeling on" and that and others from final 80s and 90s is what I´m looking for.

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

you said "recreate", and I was about to link you the DSP56300 Virus C emulator, because there are not many synth noises you cannot make on Virus for dance music. https://dsp56300.wordpress.com/downloads/

If you want more "time period correct:", should get the Nils Kawai emulator of the K1. Get the Korg synths, it includes many! emulations of hardware from this period. Triton, Triton Xtreme, Wavestation, etc. The M1 is also in there.

Roland Cloud - everything in there is from this target vintage almost. SH-101. D-50, JV-1080 (huge in trance). All the drum machines. All good stuff.

Disco DSP Discovery, Nord Lead substitute

Waldorf PPG Wave + Bass Station is free and was used extensively.

Arturia Analog Lab/collection for everything not in above... and then maybe you find other versions of the ones you like most.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  6. Worn Soles

Worn Soles Ultrasonic

I am also interested in making dance music of a similar vintage.

If you only want rompler ready to go sounds I don't know of many. But Nexus and Avenger both have packs available that include some of those styles. Though avenger is more than just a rompler.

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

You have to look through and see what he uses for resets. Partly uses the NI - FM7 and the Korg - M1

YOU GUYS MADE ME REVISIT THE NIGHTCRAWLERS TRACK...

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

UVI Falcon 2 Vintage Vault has many more commonly used models sampled/emulated. Sort of Rompler.

There is a Kontakt library which is all E-MU models, stuff like the Proteus and Mo Phat.

9. gzilla

gzilla Ultrasonic

Maybe try Emulator X3 + it's libraries (Proteus, Mo Phatt like comment above or Orbit 3 etc).

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  10. Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt Ultrasonic

Thanks to all for the replies.

11. xuvala

xuvala Noisemaker

12. Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt Ultrasonic

13. 9ty

9ty Kapellmeister

Beside some things already mentioned, I'd also take the good old sampling game into consideration. I think any sampler could do the trick if you load the right kind of samples into it. Maybe with a little bit of retro coloring afterwards

14. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Clonegzilla got you covered, mate. I've got nothing to post. :)

15. HYPE

HYPE Noisemaker

There's a few samplepacks out there with old 90's rave stabz! for keys/pianos i would go the Korg M1,Luxonix Purity, aswell
    nitroflex-by-synthblitz was good for 90s sounds. But for oldskool pads & textures try HG Fortunes synths! [ STS-26] etc.. [also synthblitz Mastering compressor DNX-03 is worth a try]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
  16. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

I would suggest Korg Triton covers most if not all of those basses! (Pardon the pun, I couldn't resist) It does cover a lot of drum kits too.

17. emax2

emax2 Ultrasonic

Just get the Korg,Roland cloud and Arturia v-collection sets. That should get you all set up. You might need to find samples from that era but Those three collections should get you started. You can get the Vengeance sound sample collection also