Plugins (Occasionally) Crashing?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by RARECLAMBL, Apr 8, 2024.

1. RARECLAMBL

RARECLAMBL Newbie

Hi, all! Last time I consulted these forums with my problem, they got resolved no prob, so I'm baaaack!

This time, I'm having a problem with crashes- specifically caused by Kontakt 7 and SRX Orchestra. Both great plugins which I love, but with Kontakt I can only get about 1-2 instances loaded before a crash (and I get a crash when trying to reopen the Kontakt window to, say, change my preset) and SRX crashes whenever my laptop lid shuts. I use Cubase 13 and no matter where I look I can't find much help with these 2 specific plugins, which sucks because they're the main orchestral ones I have...

Any help greatly appreciated! :)

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

if Cubase crashes because of it, you could upload a crashdrump file. if it is just the plugins, I would remove one of them, and focus on fixing the other. I would probably uninstall whichever is easier to reinstall.

Once you know one is fixed, then figure out the other. It's probably why you haven't "found much help". They are probably two separate problems, but if you do not untangle them; you will waste a lot of someone's time.

You should leave more information. Windows version, Cubase version, releaser of each plugin, etc. I'm on Mac and not using either of them, so I can't help you. But you should do enough so that someone can.