plugins/m4l for editing midi

Discussion in 'Live' started by gimmechords, Aug 7, 2023.

1. gimmechords

gimmechords Member

So I got a long progression, and I hear something from bar 15-17 that would sound better at 10 - 12. just trying to get that over and match everything so its seamless requires like 30 minutes of messing around with trial * error, and even then it still doesn't sound the way it should.

Is there anything out there that will help with editing midi? the midi editor is decent for simple progressions, but if you have something complex with notes at different length overlaps or time changes etc. its near impossible for me to clean it up with a fine tooth comb.

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

I don't use Ableton, but I think I know what you are describing because it is almost the same in every other DAW. You have a bunch of events and they are all spaced out sporadically, and copying/pasting etc types of moves makes it impossible to keep the timing of all the events the same? You make an extra note "block" for the entire portion of the sequence so the entire thing can be selected, copied, inserted, pasted, etc.; while maintaining all the exact spacing of the portion you want to use. You are copying data with the blank spaces included that way, so that you can keep all the timing the same. Then you just delete the extra note you used as a timing guide.

you may want to screenshot your problem in the editor. but that is my guess at it without one. it's a good trick in any daw midi editor.