Plugins don't fit inside window

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by ghostwriter, Nov 4, 2020.

1. ghostwriter

ghostwriter Member

Hello again.
    I'm having a few annoying problems with Cubase, such as not being able to use my USB microphone (even FL Studio can use my usb microphone but not cubase, seriously, wtf). Now some plugins won't fit inside their window. I don't know how to describe the issue better than this.

Disabling HiDPI mode solves this... But I really didn't want to use cubase without HiDPI, makes everything too blurry/small.

Any suggestions?

3. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

Buy a bigger screen? use another Daw?

4. demberto

demberto Rock Star

I have a 1440*900 17' LG monitor from 2008, and only VPS Avenger and Diva has problems fitting into the screen. Run your monitor on its native resolution

5. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

But I think if OP has something like yours or older/smaller, they will always be too big for the screen?
    But I may be wrong.

6. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

I think the OP has his windows scaling set to something other than 100%/200% resolutions, because of legacy Windows support Cubase does not currently support divisions of 125% for instance. This is changing in v11 but the answer is use Cubase in normal resolution and relay on plugin scaling to scale the pugins, or set Cubase to a division it does support, or wait for version 11 but thats only next week, so no big deal.

7. recycle

recycle Guest

Modern plugins (like U-He Diva) have the option to resize GUI , Waves v12 implemented this option too. Plugins like Serum have the option to drag-drop for resize.
    In case of using an older plugin with no resize feature I’m afraid you need a second monitor with a better resolution. Someone uses big tv screens as a secondary screen: I don't like them, I find their color range unrealistic, better use computer monitors

8. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Try resetting the size if the plugins are scaleable them self. maybe post a screenshot to show ?

9. ProJay

ProJay Kapellmeister

You have an option on gui size in diva. If you are like me on a smaller screen i would recommend using 90 percent scaling.

10. ghostwriter

ghostwriter Member

the next version of cubase is this close? nice

11. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

12. demberto

demberto Rock Star

Ik, i was talking about 100% scaling. Avenger is so big, to fit it on the screen i need to use like 40-50% scaling, so I just avoid using it

13. ProJay

ProJay Kapellmeister

That piece of plugin(not legit) is so buggy on my machine. Always crashing FL studio/Ableton.

14. demberto

demberto Rock Star

I have a tip for you. When FL loads a new plugin, the UI appears unresponsive, since the loading and UI are most probably done on the same (main) thread unlike the audio. So don't press a button, click anywhere and wait calmly, drink coffee until it loads but don't trouble FL when its loading. Unfortunately we don't see many Nexus2 sized instrument plugins. Almost all plugins eat up all the screen space.