Plugins "crashed validation" - by the hundreds

Discussion in 'Logic' started by Frubbs, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Frubbs

Frubbs Kapellmeister

I'm using LPX 10.2.2 in Mavericks 10.9.5 on a 3.5 Ghz iMac 16Gb/3Gb fusion drive. Logic has been behaving reasonably well for me up to recently, but now I'm finding it's rejecting a LOT of plugins it was fine with in v10.1, most essentially for me, Kontakt, Reaktor the v2 Applied Acoustics instruments, everything from Fabfilter, Melda Prod, kilohearts, Waves, Toneboosters, most of the DMG plgins - you get the idea, my studio is seriously hobbled.

All of these appear in the Plugin Manager as "crashed validation". What's so odd to me is that when selected and rescanned, pretty much every one of them is successfully validated, but then its status doesn't change in the Compatibility column, and they're still not available for use - the successful rescanning process has no effect at all. As a result I get the "scanning new plugins" with every boot of Logic, with hundreds of "new" plugins every time.

I have trashed the Logic prefs files, reinstalled the app from RARs, even reinstalled many of the plugins and batchmodded them (just to say I did) - not sure how else to address this. I'm not seeing similar complaints online, though I haven't scanned the universe yet. I believe this started with v10.2 - I adopted it rather late, then quickly jumped to v10.2.2, so I didn't have a chance to do much before this version. It feels like there's a permissions issue somewhere, where the data that would acknowledge the plugins' changed status can't be written, but I have no idea where that would be.

Any suggestions from the awesome AudioSex brain trust?