Plugins are getting heavier

Discussion in 'Software' started by Wolfang, Apr 3, 2022.

1. dia manu

dia manu Producer

the perfect plugin to me is the renaissance compressor. the worst plugin to me is relab lx480. i want digital control, not analog lookalike controls. my control is the mouse and my mousepad the surface. hyperrealistic guis taking over my cpu focuses on a type of mixing thats for the eyes not the ears.

2. Hazen

Hazen Rock Star

That's probably what I should have done too, but now I'm stuck with many of these CPU hogs in DAW projects that I can barely open due to almost 100% CPU load ;)

I was once upon a time, literally a dozen years ago, present at a Red Bull Music Academy live event with RZA and Hudson Mohawke on stage. When Hudson wanted to showcase his approach to beat making he tried to open a project on his laptop using FL Studio with the CPU meter completely maxxed out. So I guess I'm in good company with this problem.

3. Musix

Musix Noisemaker

As things get older, it's more difficult to maintain an ideal weight.

4. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

JesuSonic Effects, JSFX for short, is a plugin format based on text files. But we were talking about the language that is accepted by the format. And this language is not called JavaScript, JesuSonic, C++ or Brainfuck, but EEL2. It's really not that complicated to understand. :no:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
  5. pikachu9

pikachu9 Noisemaker

Thanks, just finished reading it. Seems like Intel's i7 and i9 12th Gen + DDR5 are the way to go now. It's definitely a big jump from my 5 year old out of date specs. Personally I'm going to wait until next Gen of Intel and AMD models come out to see how they perform and save money in the meantime. I think they aren't that bad of a deal considering how much time you can waste opening projects, freezing tracks, managing space for frozen tracks etc. in relation to how quick the system is handled. If this was my career and I used many VSTs + libraries, I'd make the investment right away.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
  6. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

Given the actual situation, I would wait until 2023 first quarter, to see how AMD new Zen 4 architecture is doing as it offers a very good relation price performance. It also support PCIe 5.0 and DDR5 RAM. But AMD is known for not changing socket so often as intel which allows upgrades for more years.