PluginGuru - MegaWav Epic and MegaWav Evil for Serum

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Lette, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Lette

Lette Ultrasonic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MegaWav Epic and MegaWav Evil are patch libraries for Xfer Records Serum wavetable based synthesizer. These libraries were created jointly by John "Skippy" Lehmkuhl and Seth Norman - and while originally this was going to be a single library, we both created a lot of really cool patches and decided to create 2 libraries for Serum at one time!

So what's the difference between Epic and Evil? In a nutshell:

MegaWav Epic is aimed at EDM/Pop Music and the BPM patches generally have a 4-on-the-floor flavor.

MegaWav Evil is aimed at DubStep/BroStep/Bass Music and the BPM patches match these musical styles very well.

Both libraries come with the same 61 custom, handcrafted wavetables that John and Seth created exclusively for Serum. Many of the recordings that ended up as wavetables came from Analog Modular synthesizers. Other patches came from fully programmed patches in Massive in FM8. (Some of the patches are from existing PlugInGuru libraries for Massive or FM8 in fact!) These wavetables were constructed in many cases slowly by hand using a process that I developed (there is a video showing this technique on my YouTube pluginguru channel) to assure the best sound quality and phase coherence from one wavetable slice to the next.

Watch the Video Demo where I play thru many many of the patches if you want to get a closer look at the patches you will find in these libraries.

I thank you in advance for your continued support!

3. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7B2q8DzBPE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH8bNHeS_hs​

4. anvier

anvier Ultrasonic

This man deserves our buying, I`ll try and if i like it i'll buy it