PluginBoutique's StereoSavage Updated to 1.2

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Cav Emp, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

StereoSavage have been updated to version 1.2.0. The update includes..

Split Effect

[​IMG]

Split the sound up into multiple frequency bands and pans those bands left and right. Compared with the previous three modes VOX, DELAY & EXPAND it is exceptionally natural sounding.
    • Adjust the FOCUS control to adjust the spacing of the bands.
    • The effect is good on almost everything, and the only time it will sound unnatural is if the listener is only listening to one of the two channels.
    • In particular this may be the best choice for adding some width to acoustic instruments and vocals with natural acoustic backings.

New Metering

[​IMG]

Phase Correlation Meter

What is phase?

The phase of a signal in engineering, simply means how far through the cycle of a waveform a signal is. Engineers measure phase in degrees and use it all the time. For our purpose we just need to know that a stereo signal is ‘in-phase’ if the left and right channels are in the same position at the same time.

If the phase meter is mainly in the right hand (positive) side, the phase is correct. If it spends the majority of time on the left there might be a problem. The phase meter works best on individual sounds and won’t be very useful on the master bus.

The Goniometer which helps you see the extremity of stereo within your mix has had a redesign to make it both more efficient and easier to interpret. Should you wish you can revert back to the original Goniometer by simply clicking the display.

A couple of bug fixes, including a correction to the timing when in bypass mode have also been actioned in 1.2.0. The manual has been expanded and includes a detailed explanation of the new phase correlation meter.

Pretty sweet that they're adding to this already great plug-in. For me, StereoSavage has put ST Microshift out of a job. I'm excited to play with Split mode when I get home.

I just copy & pasted all this directly from an e-mail... images, links and all. I had no idea this board could do that. Props to @SAiNT - this is the cadillac of message boards.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  3. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Nice update! I love this plug as well as Nugen stereoizer for my stereo tricks

4. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Ooooh a Nugen user. I've always been curious (but not enough to download a demo or crack, lol... sorry) - maybe you can help me out. Why is Nugen so damn expensive? Is there something sonically special about them that warrants the price tag? tbh the little $70 StereoSavage out-performs Microshift in my opinion (to say nothing of Soundtoys), just based on versatility and control. It does lack the fancy analog modeling, but I can live with that.

So what's the big deal with Nugen?

5. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

It's a nice little plug in, but I wonder if they fixed that annoying bug which caused Ableton to crash every time when saving to wav

6. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Huh... I use it in Ableton. I wasn't aware of any bug. Are you a Mac or Windows guy?

7. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Check it

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Stereoizer is a great tool...
    I used it in a chain with bx boom and a t-racks comp to bring an old mix dubbed from cassette tape back to life

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  9. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Win7 64 Bit (Ableton 9.6.2)
    I downmix using 96,000, 32bit and whenever I try importing the wav file using this plug in, Ableton locks at 2% saved.

I remove the plugin and everything goes back to normal.

I should specify. Not 'Crash' but freeze.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I assume you mean exporting... not being a smartass, just making sure I understand you. I've never had that happen.

Maybe it has to do with 32 bit. I've used on Win 10 and 7... always 24 bit 48khz, and I've never experienced any bugs with StereoSavage whatsoever.

I don't know if I should air their business out like this but, fuck it... I wrote to PluginBoutique today and basically said... as long as you're adding features, it would be great to have a toggle to sum low frequencies to mono. To their credit, they responsed within half an hour and told me they forwarded my suggestion to the developer and he said it was already on his to do list. Pretty sweet.

I gotta say man, I really like that site. Between the quality of the support, the exclusive sales, and the fairly priced yet high quality house brand plug-ins, there's really nobody like them. IMO of course. I always tell this story - I bought Breaktweaker for $50 a few weeks before they had BT expanded for $80. Following a prompt on their site, I contacted support and they retroactively added the four BT expansions to my account for free. When i bought it for $50. How fucking cool is that?

11. Sylenth.Will.Fall

I'm pleased to be able to announce the update has fixed previous issues. Now I can get on with demoing this plug-in properly :)

Of course you should. It's nice (and getting rarer) when a company listens to it's users.

12. Jim Credland

Jim Credland Newbie

If you get an issue where StereoSavage appears to cause a freeze again, see if you can create a simple session that replicates the issue. Send it over. We will take a look at it. It obviously shouldn't do that. If we can replicate the problem here we can easily find out if it's actually caused by StereoSavage, and if so fix it.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  13. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Welcome, Mr. Credland. Love your work.