[pluginboutique.com] Izotope Breaktweaker 80% off

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Cav Emp, May 31, 2016.

1. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Yep got some tokens too, and break tweaker is the last of the izotope products that I use but don't own yet. I think I'm gonna get this one too, thanks for the tip @Cav Emp :wink:

4. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Hey @Talmi maybe you can answer my question since you'll probably see this before Izotope support does. When I choose ilok for Izotope's authorization process it says something like USB Smart Key Required in big bold letters. Is there some reason I can't use soft ilok? I want to store my BT license with my other ilok stuff since its relatively convenient, but I don't want to take the chance that something gets fucked because I chose ilok and I don't have a dongle.

Have you ever authorized an Izotope product with soft ilok?

5. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Yeah I only authorize with license number/serial I don't have any dongle, normaly it should give you the option when you laucnh it the first time (you have to chose online authorization, you can obviously choose the offline one but then you have to go on izotope website and do the procedure to get your offline authorisation number)), I usually do the online authorisation with serial, then my pc go back offline. Did you have a release by some groups before, you did a clean install ? My guess is you might have left overs from a previous installation, when you use the group releases it doesn't ask you for a serial number, it bypasses it and think you have a dongle inserted.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  6. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Yeah I know you can do other authorizations like the challenge/response and the online. I was particularly interested in soft ilok since it's the most convenient way (for me) to manage various licenses I own. My concern was that their authorization guides don't address soft ilok. They say dongle required, and I'm afraid to transfer it to my ilok account without knowing if soft ilok will work because then they'll claim I've used an authorization already and we all know how fucky some companies can be about limiting your number of authorizations. I'll try it out myself and see what happens.

7. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

thanks for the heads up cav, i had a fair amount of virtual cash on PB too so i got this for a pittance.
    kept seeing stutter edit on sales (which i don't want), had been after a cheap copy of this one for a while
    :)

8. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Oups I wasn't even aware soft ilok and serial number were two different methods. I thought the online/offline procedure was the soft-ilok :). But it's exact that the sound toy serial for example is store in the ilok license manager, until now I didn't really differenciate those two authorisation methods.

9. tidus1990

tidus1990 Producer

if anyone wanna group buy the plug in guru breaktweaker expansion hit me up

10. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

No worries. I ended up getting impatient and trying it out for myself. They don't support ilok License Manager, which frankly I think kind of sucks because this leaves the door open for an eventual circumstance where they could say "you've already authorized x times, and according to blahblah policy that's too many". For instance, I was unable to use ilok with my Air Hybrid 3 when I got it so now I've used 2 of 3 authorizations and their challenge-response auths apparently can't be de-authorized. So next time I need to activate Hybrid, that's it. I'll have to ask their permission every time thereafter which is complete and utter dogshit. This kind of stuff is why legit owners still owe thanks to people like R2R and AU. Those guys are like an insurance policy for me.

With soft ilok, it's always just the same single activation that can be moved from my ilok account to my computer and back. So now, because I tried to authorize with ilok, my account says I've activated BT twice. I hate that.

11. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

I agree it's crappy. And when I reinstall my system I have to deauthorised to be sure not to be screwed in the count of authorisation. But i've noticed it doesn't matter so far, when I reauthorise an unauthorised plug it counts it to me anyway. Ozone has reached three authorisations already, others that I've authorised more haven't, it's a mess. But I don't know when they start locking down and use the chanllenge response thingy, I havn't read anywhere if there is a limit if you always authorise from the same IP on one computer. If I run into troubles I'll use the group releases which is what I end up doing with Samplitude who has the same nasty system (but it's established it's three authorisations top, then you have to contact them), and the same with my MPC, I use VR release or I have to contact Akai after three authorisations and my MPC gets locked !
    They are really pushing it imo. Specially since all of these izotope products have been cracked for a while, and having a cracked one causes less pain.

12. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

What a frustrating policy. If/when that happens with any developer I'm going to request that they reset my number. If they refuse they lose my business. Frankly I don't appreciate the fact that they even keep count. I don't give a shit if I've authorized ten times. If I bought your product I shouldn't need your permission to use it. That. is. horseshit.

13. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

even though ilok gets so much hate, I also like the ilok soft licensing. It's easy and flexible. Also way less annoying then most companies own soft licensers (fxpansion, NI, etc). Strange that izotope don't support it.

14. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

Thanks, I bought it....with Tokens for 20 Euro :)

15. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I used to hate on Ilok like a mother-effer.... before I owned a bunch of plugins.

I still think requiring a dongle is a shitty practice, and thus far have avoided supporting anyone that does so.