[pluginboutique] AIR Music Synth Bundle - Hybrid 3, Loom and Vacuum Pro for $80

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Cav Emp, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

3. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

you go wubsta.. with yo legit self..:wink:

ok mission accomplished I'm in on the bundle, time to plug in the serial
    and get pluggin' with the plugins... horrible alliteration I know !

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2016
  4. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

That's a cool offer. I love hybrid and loom but even just for those two it's worth it. Thanks for the tip :wink:

5. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

6. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

No hype. That's good. Hybrid alone has become my number 1 VST instrument.

7. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I just need somewhere to say this: Pluginboutique is the SHIT!

I bought Breaktweaker a few weeks ago for $50. They had a recent sale where it was up for $80 or something but with 4 expansions, and they said that if you bought it in the former sale you could contact them for the four BT expansions. I just got my Izotope BT Expansion serials in my email today.

Fuck me, I love that website.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. ed-enam

ed-enam Rock Star

@Cav Emp what is your experience of Hybrid? Is it easier to learn compared to say Zebra?

9. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Both are very good.A big advantage of hybrid is that its very light on the cpu,its one of those synths you can quickly find something,sounds sit nice in the mix.
    Very versatile,almost a must in modern production.

10. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Couldn't say, really. I've never used Zebra. Hybrid is a nice sounding synth that is easy to use and has tons of great presets. Strangely, when I build a sound from scratch I almost never use Hybrid (mostly Harmor and Serum) but it's a nice one to have for ready-to-go sounds and stuff to quickly tweak and get what you want out of it. My only complaint is the macro knobs work weirdly in my opinion. They just don't do what I expect them to sometimes. Some of that is my fault for not knowing the synth well enough though.

I'm interested in Loom as a sound design tool. I love harmor. Really curious what another additive synth has to offer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. ed-enam

ed-enam Rock Star

Thank you very much Von and Cav. Much appreciated :like:

12. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

there is something a bit 'thin' about the air synths. i prefer zebra plus zebra's gui is much easier to navigate. even though the air synths have plenty of presets, they tend to be very similar, esp. Loom. zebras range if much larger imo. vacuum is pretty good, but again,a bit of a same-y quiet sound. and harmor is very good to if you want to get crazy it's got a lot of stuff to play with if you want ( otherwise use harmless : )

13. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

Vacuum and Loom are awesome hybrid and the rompler (cant remember the name) are good for just bread and butter filler sounds.

14. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Now that you mention it, they had other deals on Air stuff. I posted this one cuz it was the only one that interested me, but I guess I'll bring out the others. They're pretty kickass too (though less so, IMO).

15. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

If you have to get 3 in a bundle, I'd get Vacuum, Loom, and Xpand2 (the rompler I mentioned), theres nothing special about Hybrid, so many other better sounding (and better looking) synths, sure it has a gazillion patches but a horrible browser.

Xpand2 is like a Yamaha Motif equivalent, you want an orchestra hit its got it, timpani? got it.

Edit: Actually if theres one with Mini Grand instead of Hybrid, thats also a good idea, great simple piano to layer under complex tracks, plus You can turn the dynamic response to minimum and use velocity to shape the tone of the piano without being thrown off with the level changes.

16. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

From a sound design perspective, I definitely agree. From a preset browsing angle, it's pretty cool, though I really don't do much preset browsing which is why it doesn't get as much use as it should. I never tried Xpand.

I tried out Loom tonight for the first time. That synth has enormous potential. Can't wait to dig in. vacuum sounds really nice too - less of a sound design monster but a very nice VA.

17. Alex Philipp

Alex Philipp Platinum Record

@ed-enam there is nothing to compare! Zebra is absolute winner here! IMO AIR synths sounds very cold and have plastic sound, like old VSTs.
    @Cav Emp if You never used U-He staff before (what sounds strange), give it a try. And if You use only legit software, check their demo. You will be impressed.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  18. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Thats the most downside of using AIR Synths for me. Their GUI simply is no fun to use.

19. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

@Alex Philipp yeah I've been curious about them lately. Funnily, not using u-he is a weird remnant of when I couldn't afford software. I didn't want to get attached to a u-he synth and have it bomb on me so I just avoided them. Now I don't want to get too attached to anything I don't intend to buy soon, so I'm still holding off on u-he for the moment bc I don't feel like spending $200 on a synth when I already have all the sound design tools I'll ever need. Eventually I'll get bored and pick up Zebra or Diva for some novelty.