Plugin Manager Stuck

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by EAR TO LEARN, Oct 28, 2018.

1. EAR TO LEARN

EAR TO LEARN Producer

I'm using FL Studio 20 and when scanning for plugins, the vsts appear to show but the plugin manager will not stop scanning, meaning I can't actually use the vsts as I have to click the tick icons once it's stopped to make them show. It just keeps scanning and scanning.

I've made it so it doesn't re-scan already installed plugins and only searches for new ones. It just won't stop. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Capture.JPG

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  3. EAR TO LEARN

EAR TO LEARN Producer

Ok another thing as you can see from the pic above I only added 7 plugs, the scan finished after about half an hour...I went from having 900 plugins to 1921?!?!

Then I added Accusonus Beatformer then they went up to 2446!

They don't even display on the plugin manager...WTF is going on?

4. m9cao

m9cao Producer

in my experience, just wait,

and you can open the task manager, something running when scanning, if it stucked, stop them may helps

5. EAR TO LEARN

EAR TO LEARN Producer

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. Any advice on the number of plugins that are showing? There's like 2000+ showing up and I don't have like half that many

6. m9cao

m9cao Producer

iv not encountered that issue, you can also remove plugin database files in fl program folder then rescan

7. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Are you using SYMLINK installers? Sometimes lots of those "program" files will appear in the VST manager list if the SYMLINK folder is located in your VST directory. The same occurs if you install all of the WAVES program directories into your
    VST folder too - then you wind up with lots of junk files in your vst manager windows. - ime.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

You might try "unchecking" any paths you are able to uncheck, and recheck them as you go forward.
    Or as @m9cao said, delete the "Installed" folder. That should be in:
    "C:\Users\*user*\Documents\Image-Line\FL Studio\Presets\Plugin database\Installed"

This might give you some idea of what you can do to check out scanning problems or manage VSTs:
    (This is just my way of doing things)
    I avoid any 32bit plugins, and create "hold" folders for anything that gets put in (x86) folders.
    For example, things get put into "C:\Program Files (x86)\VST Plugins\" folder, but I do not use them.
    So, I created a "C:\Program Files (x86)\VST Plugins HOLD\" folder and move them there, where they are not scanned.

I also have the same setup for "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\". There are a couple of VSTs that had problems with their VST3 versions, so I just move them to my "...\Common Files\VST3 HOLD\" folder.
    Eventually I might delete them.

I do the same for my own VST folders. I have "C:\32VST\" & "C:\64VST\" but also make "C:\32VST HOLD" & "C:\64VST HOLD\"
    Usually I just delete anything that gets put into "C:\32VST" but I may want to use or test something (Sylenth1 32 bit is on my "to-do" list because 64 bit won't run on my updated Win10 :))

I have Alchemy "Full" VST and "Player only" in "C:\64VST HOLD", because the "Full" has a problem with normal use, but CAN be used to edit patches in Alchemy. So, I just copy/overwrite the Alchemy.DLL in "C:\64VST\" with the full one to edit, then Copy/overwrite that one with the "Player Only" one when I am done.

Good luck, and let us know what you find! :yes: