Plugin like Perfect Drums sampler with more than 3 velocity ranges?

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by peacefulburningz, Oct 6, 2019.

1. peacefulburningz

peacefulburningz Kapellmeister

Hello,

I'm trying to get some more use out of the old samples I've collected. Is there plugin like the Perfect Drums sampler with more than 3 velocity ranges? I love Kontakt, but it takes my dumbass too long to make Kontakt instruments.

Does anybody know of any other plugins?

3. Juan Carlos

Juan Carlos Member

I think you're pretty much stuck with kontakt. Unless you have a mac and logic you can use exs24. I'm not sure if you can do that in halion either.
    My advice would be for you to watch a couple David Hilowitz's videos on KSP scripting and you'll be all set forever. It won't take you more than one hour. And with kontakt you have the advantage of it being familiar, it's kind of an industry standard.

4. peacefulburningz

peacefulburningz Kapellmeister

I'm going to check out those videos. Thanks for letting me know.

5. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

The outdated 32bit Steinberg LM-4 could handle 128 velocity zones per pad (AudioZ :winker:).

6. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

Kontakt is probably the best I know of, though you can kinda setup a drum machine in Reaper with the built in ReaSamplomatic5000! I made my own with 5-10 velocity layers depending on kit piece and 4 round robins and then saved it to a project template. It works really well actually.

7. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

If it's drums, then you should try out NI's Battery. I personally find that the quickest tool to sort out drum samples. Worth a shot anyway.