Plugin GUI loading with delay/slow

Discussion in 'Logic' started by Levonx, Jan 2, 2024.

?

Is this normal?

1. Yes, it is normal, unfortunately

100.0%
  2. No, this is not normal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Levonx

Levonx Newbie

When running Logic Pro natively, as I load a plugin, the GUI "hangs" for 2 seconds before showing up, like shown in the screenshots, but when in Rosetta it does not, but instead shows the rainbow bal before opening up "instantly".
    It only hangs with 3rd party plugins, Logics own plugins load up instantly with no delay at all.
    Is there a workaround for this? Or is this normal?

Also, all my 3rd party plugins are optimised for Silicon, this I know through the app "Pluginfo"

As mentioned, this is only happening when running Logic Pro natively.

My comp:
    M1 Max
    2Tb
    64 ram

Attached Files:

3. Kaih

Kaih Member

Yup, same thing here with Mac studio M2 Ultra, 2 Tb, 128G ram
    No idea why, but I guess it has something to do with the plugins converted from original intel to silicon.
    Slightly annoying but everything works.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
  4. Levonx

Levonx Newbie

Yeah, but isn't this weird since they are listed as silicon compatible??????

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

They work, right? They are compatible or you couldn't use them. They are probably just ported, instead of a more major rewrite of the entire plugin. So it's actually a ~true statement. To them, anyway. Do they specify they are Native?

Have you seen any plugins where you can strip the parts of the plugin which do not apply to your platform? mach-o u2b plugins would probably be a candidate for it. some guy made a tool to do it, probably in batches or something: https://github.com/Oct4Pie/archify

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

I'm guessing that's software rendering on Apple M vs hardware rendering on older platforms.

7. Levonx

Levonx Newbie

Well they work yes, but it messes with my fast workflow. Just wondering if any others are experiencing this.

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

there was a user on here with the Studio and same complaint about Kontakt. I went looking a little, and I saw there are entire forum threads on other websites about the Studio's settings and that lag. And Apple can blame whatever plugins, because they didn't sell you them. Find a few of those threads via Google to see all the many steps people are taking to try to figure it out. It is a nebulous problem.

You might try the plugin developers, also. even though you suspect it is probably a Mac thing; it's still their plugin. Maybe they will either know, or figure it out.

9. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

sounds like mediocre port, devs aren't always smartest to be honest,
    btw Logic Pro itself can't even properly allocate performance to Apple Silicon yet, basically ignoring efficiency cores lolz

10. Levonx

Levonx Newbie

Yeah well, its every 3rd party plugin, and I don't think I have the time to contact them all and get them to fix it hahaha :D

11. clone

clone Audiosexual

Oh, i'm sure. But if you work in tech support for some company making plugins, and get a phone call every day from another user who just bought their plugin to use on a Studio; they will still help people fix it. "What third party plugins?", it's just this one!

This is one of those research and trial and effort things. There was a user on here asking about similar problems with new Studio. https://audiosex.pro/threads/why-is...s-and-more-sometimes-to-export-my-song.71084/

There are probably some more you can find on here. I'm still on my intel Pro, and threads like this one have temporarily put the brakes on me buying a new one.