Plugin for those shakers

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by DaniGlory, Sep 10, 2019.

1. DaniGlory

DaniGlory Newbie

Hey how can i get that shakers sound?
    I have some plugins for percussion like addictive drums but i didnt find anything like that- its here in the video at 2:24

Also if anyone knows where can i find midi drum loops for drums?
    For specific genere like in the clip

3. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

This is prob all recorded live. So vsti+MIDI IMHO will never sound like it. I'd look for live played loops. Samplephonics is decent quality (for shakers - a bit "organic" sounding).
    Have a look at The Shaker Chronicles:
    https://www.samplephonics.com/products/sample-packs/percussion/the-shaker-chronicles#

The drums are pretty straight rock patterns, but again played in their live-immersive-psychedelic manner (I think they also use phaser and the likes fx straight on..). Very difficult to replicate with vsti. Don't know much about drums so I'll just shut my..;)

Anyway, search for Groove Monkee if you want a ton of MIDI drum patterns. :)

4. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Even using a less expensive microphone will get you the result you are looking for if recording a shaker off axis, which means not exactly in front of the mic capsule which has the nice effect of softening the hard and harsh transients you will otherwise capture. Where I generally shake is about 75° off axis and about a foot or so away from the mic for the most part, or sometimes step back away about three feet or more to use more the sound of the room and to give a different feeling of distance. Cutting away all of the bottom end until you hear the tone alter and then backing off a skosh saves you valuable headroom while you're mixing. Unless you are doing a solo shaker piece all that bottom end is useless in the context of the whole (unless far micing like I mentioned, where the lower frequencies cue the ear of placement of the room).

I'm a great proponent of using as much live playing as humanly possible to tender flexibility, creativity and the human factor in order to lend...humanness to a song.

[​IMG]

5. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

Adobe used to make licensed loops for Audition called "loopology". It's still out there for free and the world percussion section has more shakers than you can shake a stick at.:drummer: