Plugin for "normalizing" volume handles in automation lane?

Discussion in 'Logic' started by geometry, Sep 17, 2015.

1. geometry

geometry Member

It looks like this might not exist yet, but I'd like to find a plugin or function that would allow you to intelligently adjust automated volume levels as groups. Is there something that allows you to (for example) "normalize" the volume levels of a track or group of tracks non-destructively by affecting only the volume handles in the automation lane?

3. Creme

Creme Kapellmeister

i agree it do not exist, but why would you need such a thing...:dunno:

4. Crazydrumer

Crazydrumer Newbie

Hello guys ! :)

I'd like to suggest one method which seems to answer the criteria you're asking for normalising audio files between them.:winker:

Using Reaper and its open SWS extensions. ( free to try, quick download and install ).:like:

- Drag and drop the audio files into Reaper, select them. ( it's quite intuitive :wink:)

- At the top ( File, Edit, View etc... ) you should have "Extensions" if not, you may have installed the wrong version of the free SWS extensions.

- In the "Extensions" Menu, choose "Loudness".

- In the new "Loudness" window opened, clic on "Analyse selected items".

- This make a list of your files with Loudness caracteristics. If you right clic on the loudness properties, you can choose " Normalize to -23 LUFS "

- All you're files are now Normalised non destructively ( this is just the clip gain which changes, you can change it as you want ). The Files are normalised based on a perception approach:guru: of the audio level, this is better than simple peak or RMS normalisation, for more details about Loudness, see this link.

- You don't get the volume automation you want at the begining :(, I hope it wasn't the real necesseray point:unsure:.

- For group of tracks, I see just one thing, export the result of your group then apply the method describe on the resulting file.

I'm new here, hope it'll help you :bow:

Good luck !

Crazydrumer