Plugin for Duplicating Tracks??

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Turfstra, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Turfstra

Turfstra Newbie

I'm looking for a (Logic) plugin that duplicates a track a couple of times with the option of a slight offset/detune for phattening the sound of a software instrument or sample-instrument. Any suggestions? Anyone?

3. krameri

krameri Platinum Record

I'm unaware of a plugin to do that specifically, but I would:

1) Press and hold Option key when dragging the track to duplicate it and all of its audio/MIDI.
    2) Add zplane Elastique Pitch AU plugin to the duplicated tracks. You can type in a 0.01 semitone value if you want.
    -Or, there's the more basic one included with Logic

Or use two sends on the original track and put one of the plugins I mentioned on each of them, tuned slightly apart.

4. BChrist

BChrist Member

How about adding a slight Harmonizer to your second track? Maybe? Good luck.

5. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Chorus.

6. dipje

dipje Ultrasonic

'ADT', 'artificial double tracking'. Running a second track through a (2nd) tape machine.
    In plugin world, the plugins add a bit of wow & flutter (almost unhearable, but enough to add some randomness to make it different from the original) and delay. Pan the source left, pan the artificial-doubled track right, tadaah.
    Waves has an ADT plugin, and there is a free one from vacuumsound (that appears to have an AU plugin for mac, 'universal binary', does that work on Logic? I have no clue on the mac plugin-world) at http://www.vacuumsound.de/plugins.html.

Playing with Acon Digital Multiply (free, winner of the last KVR plugin-code challenge, and there is an extended paid version now) is also recommended to try to fatten things up.

7. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

In Logic, duplicate track with original audio
    Add Logic sample delay

8. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

What do you get out of duplicating the track, in relation to say a send/aux to one or several modulation effects (in serial and/or parallel)?

9. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

OP just wanted to duplicate a track and offset it, so that was the simple version :)

10. Turfstra

Turfstra Newbie

Found this: Loomer Manifold. Duplicates, pans and detunes the track's audio output in real time up to 20 fold! :wink: