plugin-container.exe double click killer

Discussion in 'PC' started by Victor, May 25, 2014.

1. Victor

Victor Noisemaker

Ever feel annoyed when you are watching movies, video clips, music in multiple tabs in Mozilla Firefox and the browser is slowing down? Firefox has a process called plugin-container.exe which is started for flash scripts whenever you are browsing a web page with flash - music, videos, flash games (facebook anyone?), etc. Some people may try to choose to disable that process from starting up, but I don't recommend doing this - as if the flash plugin (Adobe flash player) is crashed, the whole browser will crash. Instead, I was always pressing ctrl+alt+del to kill the plugin-container.exe process. But I got tired of doing this, so I thought of a simpler way of doing it.
    I made a simple .bat file that will kill the process instantly just by double clicking the script. I'll upload it and also give you the script as a text, so you can create it by yourself.
    Open Notepad, copy and paste this text:
    Code:
    taskkill /f /im "plugin-container.exe"
    You must have a blank line at the top, or else the script won't work. Don't know why, don't ask me. I struggled a lot, asking myself why is not working until I tried to leave a blank line.
    After pasting this text, save the file as plugin-container.bat.
    Download Link

3. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

I Believe this will happen only if The ISPs Slow the Internet Speed Below 1MB/s

That happened to Me when I was in Egypt Last year

It's All related to THE Internet Speed

PS : Sometimes Firefox is responsible too , Maybe it's Also (Script Bug)

4. Nima

Nima Noisemaker

By killing this process, the loaded Firefox Plugins like flash will crash.
    Too aggressive.

5. Victor

Victor Noisemaker

Nima, you kill the process only when the browser becomes unresponsive. When you can't do anything. If you close the browser, will lose all your tabs. So you kill the process and don't lose the tabs.

6. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

It's a good method to get rid of some programs/services, but like has been said it's too drastic for me to kill the plugin_container process.

I have a batch command file named Clean.cmd which I execute for example before starting DAWing. It's like this:

Code:
    @echo off

taskkill /F /T /IM nvtray.exe
    taskkill /F /T /IM nvxdsync.exe
    taskkill /F /T /IM tibmountermonitor.exe
    ... more ...
    taskkill /F /T /IM sidebar.exe

net stop WSearch

start /min taskmgr

exit

7. Dalmation

Dalmation Kapellmeister

Not necessarily...
    There is a setting in Firefox that will restore all previously open tabs on startup. Cannot remember what it is because I'm away on my ipad now sorry.

Also Java scrips on web pages can slow down Firefox and use more RAM a lot, eg. Audioz.

The Firefox addon - noscript lets you control what java you want to let run on what pages.
    By default all is disabled, which will let Firefox run better and use less RAM.
    But if you find that you cannot interact with some features on a web-page eg. Drop-down /popup menu, forums, then you enable java for that page (and maybe it's sub scripts also).
    The permissions can be set as temporay ie. until Firefox is shutdown/restarted, or permanently.