Plugin Community Presets

Discussion in 'Presets, Patches' started by Bunford, Jul 21, 2022.

?

Is a thread focused on community originated plugin presets a good idea?

1. Yes

87.5%
  2. No

4.2%
  3. Not sure

8.3%
  1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Hi all,

Firstly, I'm setting up this thread in the hope that the community will chip in and add their own presets, causing the thread to grow. I am in the process of reinstalling my entire system, so will upload some of mine as soon as I have a chance, but going through this process made me think of this thread idea.

I was thinking, there is no single thread that compiles community-originated presets, only thread largely related to commercially available ones or free bundle releases and so on. It would be useful to have a thread where the AudioSex community can chip in, adding their own presets, sharing knowledge and information for others to use, deconstruct and learn. It doesn't matter if it's a custom, from scratch preset that you use religiously, or whether it's a preset from a commercial release than you have then tweaked and modified to make your own.

What I'm hoping is that this thread grows into a community library of custom presets for various plugins. Not only will it benefit the community, educating and helping each other, but it will also serve as a library for yourselves should you ever need to reinstall systems and dig out those patches you may have lost during a reinstall process or after a system crash etc. If you think this is a good idea, feel free to chip in to the above poll with your response, and if you have anything useful to contribute, also reply and add your presets :wink:

If possible, when replying and adding any presets, simply add something similar to the below example to the post's text as well as upload and attach your preset(s) (and use meaningful tags if you can, and hyperlink the developer/plugin so other can visit, learn more about the developer/plugin, and purchase if required), which will make it easier for users to search and find things in the future if this idea and thread grows (which I hope it will!).

Example:

DEVELOPER: Valhalla DSP
    PLUGIN: Vintage Verb
    DESCRIPTION: Dark and boomy basement club style environment

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

I like the idea of sharing presets,
    But IMHO it's better to have a preset exchange thread for each plugin, as usually, once presets are shared, people also speak about techniques and ticks.
    If it happen in a general preset sharing these that will be very difficult to follow.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Yeah, I was contemplating this and the pros and cons. However, there are so many plugins that it would result in possible tens or hundreds of threads and interest may get lost due to the sheer number of threads maybe?! An alternative though may to use category based threads, such as synths, compressors, EQs, and so on :dunno:

I gues what I was envisaging initially was similar to the Kontakt wallpapers thread, just for plugin presets, where they are shared within a single thread by multiple users covering multiple developers and so on. That's one of teh most popular, if not the most popular on AudioSex, but admittedly all are related to Kontakt wallpapers, so wouldn't have the same kind of technique-based discussions etc.

5. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

What about adding the Presets to the Startpost from time to time Categorized by Plugin. So Everybody sees it first when opening the Thread and the talking can also happen in the Thread

Like this maybe:

AudioSEX User Presetlist:

Plugin #1:

Preset by Username with Downloadlink

Plugin #2:

Preset by Username with Downloadlink

and so on.

Maybe One Thread for Effect Presets and one for Instrument Presets.

Maybe the only Problem might be an character Limit per Post.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
  6. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

I will Start Sharing :winker:

BlackHaze G-Funk & Westcoast Bass FL Studio Mixing Presets (Needs XBass 4000, BassRider Stero, FabFilter Pro L-2, RC-20 (with Retro Futurism Bank) and Decap Knock).

https://1fichier.com/?052aohlzi6s5fx79smkp

7. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Yes, that's not easy to organize :yes:
    So, well, yes, let's do it, and we'll see.

Here is one preset I made for this thread (it includes a wave form made manually too): Click
    It's an analogish lead sound for Vital

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
  8. thebeatsareill

thebeatsareill Kapellmeister

I love this idea! I think it would be great if we had a way to share "homemade" samples, loops, etc.. as well

9. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

sure.
    there's also patchstorage.com

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List