Plugin Boutique releases Scaler EQ

Discussion in 'Software News' started by aymat, Nov 15, 2023.

1. ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ

ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ Platinum Record

2. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

As to my measurements, it's not linear and I couldn't find a switch for it.

In first example the difference was pretty obvious, IMHO.

Phase doesn't care about mixing or mastering :winker: and used in the mainout only the phase twists are not a problem in this case.

That's my experience too (with the freed version), but I can't agree with this
    I think this depends on the context.
    And while you tried to replicate the effect, I had the impression that I don't even need to try this, it's an EQ sound I've never heard before.
    Will I use it? Probably not, not my cup of tea, even if $49 is not too much for it, IMHO.

3. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

I wasnt expecting to get exact results trying to replicate the effect, I just wanted to see if I could get comparable results. I do agree it is a different sounding EQ, at least from what I normally use. So far I like the effect it has on some material, specifically pads and layered atmospheric/drone type sounds, especially since the audio I typically record is coming from older romplers which tend to sound a little dark, and it really does make a difference. But I'm less inclined to use it for drums and percussive type sounds as I dont feel it makes a huge difference or liked the effect from what I ran through it. Haven't tried it yet on an overall mix but if the results sound good, Im perfectly happy using it for that as well. Overall I like it. It seems to fall in a category of its own for specific use cases and another useful tool for me.

4. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

I too think it's useful to make these even smoother. I had less success on sounds which live from some 'dirt' like distorted guitars or drums. Haven't tried it on (female) vocals, though.

5. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Vocals also on my list. I do a lot of VO editing for work so it should be interesting to see what it can do.