Plugin alternative to Kaoss Pad?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bump, May 7, 2013.

1. Bump

Bump Kapellmeister

Here's the thing... I really like the Looper on the SP-404/SX and the only piece that I know of that does it better is the Kaoss Pad....

But I don't want to put down $250+ for what would really be a one trick pony...

I have tried Artillery, and it's looper is good but the functionality is a little different as it's on keys and you can't quite squeeze as much glitch out of it as you would a knob....

And I also tried Turnado...which is good because I can map 8 knobs and I think Turnado can actually do MORE than the Kaoss Pad...but for some reason I just can't duplicate that KP/SP404 effect..it's close but ughh not IT

Maybe I just need more reps with Turnado...I tried GSi Shakepad but the looper doesn't even work on the demo.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

3. Padlee

Padlee Noisemaker

How about Image-line effector?

4. Bump

Bump Kapellmeister

looks good but no looper :(

5. GanjaRa_

GanjaRa_ Newbie

check out "shakepad"

http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=39

but like you said: you will need full version...

but if its close to kp3 i cant say. i own a kaosspad 3 but i did not compare

i think kp3 is worth the money, cos using a real touchpad is a lot of more intuitive than doing with mouse, also you can use it as midicontroller, its nice to control cutoff of a synth of your choice with a touchpad. its everything else than a hi-q effect, some effects sounds a little cheap, but for a performance effect (that it is designed for) it does its job very well.

but why not recording your audio, loop and reverse it with a sampler or in audioedit?