Plugin Alliance's Leap year Sale! Grab ANY plugin for $29.99* (updated March 2nd,, 2021)

Discussion in 'Software News' started by The Pirate, Feb 26, 2021.

1. HeresJohnny

HeresJohnny Ultrasonic

Why do some people hate PA with such passion?

2. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

Some people are very resistant to marketing, such that marketing messages antagonise them as they feel they are being lied to, cheated, forced into buying something they don't want, or otherwise taken advantage of, or feel the price setting is arbitrary and even predatory.

PA market quite hard.

Then I guess there's the folks that just bought a $349 plugin they could have got three days later for $30...

3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Do not waste money. The Class A will be available for $29.99 or $39.99. Indeed, if you go to their Facebook page and request it, some members will sell it to you for around that price and include a coupon which can be used for license transfer.

4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

You use off line activation.

5. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

Yes, in at least a year or more. Currently, like the SSL 9K, their best offer on this recently was $99.99. At the BF or Christmas sale in 6-9 months, you *might* be able to get it for $70, or $50, minus possibly a voucher, but that doesn't help if you want it now.

6. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I paid $29.99 for it. As I said earlier, I would never pay full price for any PA plug-in. Indeed, there is not such a plug-in that I must have now and therefore make me depart from my purchasing M.O. Best strategy with P.A. is to be patient.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Shadow Hills.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. Tele_Vision

Tele_Vision Platinum Record

Man, I hear ya. Even with my $60.99 discount DMG Dualism is still $182.95. I guess if I stop buying PA specials I can save up for it, and/or just pickup another client. My Bitcoin is doing so good I might even grab it..ugh...the things we rationalize when we're consumers.

8. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

Last year (and see The Pirate's post), I got myself SH Class A for 29$. I thought this year 9K J would be added to the offer. But no! (now even SH Class A was removed. @Dirk, WTF man!?!) Anyway IMO the Class A is great. Even for someone like me that mixes just for "demo" purposes (..courtesy of added brainworx controls). So yeah, (some of) the best are not on offer..

This sale is really great if you don't own much of PA stuff. You can get these plugs even for less tho. Like "weekend warrior" + loyalty voucher or the Summer sale.. I got the Knifonium for 14.99 some time ago). Patience.. ;-)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  9. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

That's a good deal on the Class A then, as it's currently still one of the premier plugins (the ones on the home page) and as mentioned above, it's one specifically excluded from the sale this time around for just that reason.

But yes, if you don't need it know, then I agree that the best advice is to wait for a better deal. Maybe one will come next month. Maybe in October. Difficult to say.

10. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Again, PA's Facebook Group is a great place to find deals on Plugin Alliance plug-ins. Members are constantly selling off for cents on the dollar. Even if no one is selling all you need to do is create a post asking to buy certain plugins.

11. M McB

M McB Producer

yo PA guys just wondering, how often do sales happen? i am considering getting the bettermaker eq232d and blackbox hg2 which are cheaper than the original price but still not low low i.e. under $50. so with the loyalty voucher plus the price drop, I can get hg2 for $75. is it a good price or would it be likely that these will be more around the $10-$40 range at some point if I wait for a sale? ive seen some people say you can always get a very cheap price if you hold out and the sale of the item you want will eventually come around. thanks!

12. Ariel Gonzalez

Ariel Gonzalez Platinum Record

maybe you should wait for an easter sale (if it's going to happen), you'll probably get a better price

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. SEnki

SEnki Producer

Easter sale is gonna start tomorrow I believe.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. Ariel Gonzalez

Ariel Gonzalez Platinum Record

so.... he should wait... maybe he can get good prices for the plugins he mentioned

15. M McB

M McB Producer

So I waited on and the hg-2 didn't drop but I don't mind waiting or getting a good voucher maybe. Although I did finally get the MAAG 4 for just $20 which is insane. Also tempted by the mastering bundles, theres a lot you get for the price! Make sure u have a look at the sale and use the discount MEGA-SALE-20OFF there's some great offers on til tomorrow I think

16. halfman73

halfman73 Platinum Record

Thanks for this. Managed to grab Oberhausen for £17

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  17. qhemist

qhemist Noisemaker

You would have to pay me to use these garbage plugins

18. Ŧยχøя

Ŧยχøя Audiosexual

Elysia Alpha Comp for 30$ is pretty much a Gift :like:

Some of their plugins are Great, some are OK,
    some are bad?

I don't know..

But I would set Elysia Comp apart,
    IMO this is by far the Best master bus compressor that exists,
    and I mean it, its sound, its behavior.. it's just so Perfect it's practically Magic.

The only thing I miss is an actual numeric/digital display of the applied reduction,
    just to know what's the exact maximum amount.

I guess some could argue that will make you use more your ears/eyes,
    and that's never a bad thing.

But well, even without that it's still the Best,
    2000% recommended from my part.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  19. qhemist

qhemist Noisemaker

You need to try more bus compressors then... I would take any of TimPethericks compressors over this anyday

20. M McB

M McB Producer

I always though of the alpha as one of the most transparent

What would you actually say the bad ones are? I think they're up there with the best for most things