Plugin Alliance's Leap year Sale! Grab ANY plugin for $29.99* (updated March 2nd,, 2021)

Discussion in 'Software News' started by The Pirate, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Stuck In The 80s

Stuck In The 80s Rock Star

Do these require iLOK or an equivalent to be installed?

2. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Not at all. Activation is done by machine id + license file. Either online or off-line. BTW, as long as you have a usb, you can have legit and non-legit.

3. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

4. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

No. You can also download single installers. The installation manager is simple and straightforward, no bs.

5. DKB

DKB Producer

I’m enjoying these sales give’s me an excuse to get a few new plugs . Spl Hawkeye , focusrite sc channel strip, bx master desk , shadow hills compressor. Not sure what to buy next when my voucher comes through this month, Probably get either ssl j or spl iron .

6. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Neold V76U73, Millennia NSEQ-2?

7. aplel1419

aplel1419 Kapellmeister

how do i activate an product if i have blocked plugin-alliance in my hosts file and I have installed the bundle from sister site?

edit: got it working, just plugged in some old USB stick I never use anymore and used it as an activation machine

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

SPL Hawkeye was really disappointing for me. I came from using the old freeware TR Metering (v3 or v4, not the new one), which was simple and easy to read at a glance. But I had to replace it since it is 32 bit only and wouldn't run on Catalina.

So I bought Hawkeye on sale, because other metering solutions are really expansive, like Nugen Visualizer for example. But the Freqeuncy Analyzer just does not really provide me with useful information about the balance of the audio spectrum. It doesn't allow for confident judgement of the frequency distribution/ loudness contour of the mix. In the end I almost never use it but use Tonal Balance Control instead.

SSL J is not part of the deal… too new… sorry.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Tele_Vision

Tele_Vision Platinum Record

Same reason I didn't swoop on it. I use DMGaudio TrackMeter and that's doing me good for the moment.

10. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

Bought Knifonium.

Of all the other gear for sale, this would seem the hardest to reproduce with another product.
    Retirement in 119 days, will have plenty of time to cozy up with this beast:mates:
    And all the retro Behringer gear I want to get once it's finally f>>>king released :guru:

11. 11Fletcher

11Fletcher Platinum Record

Thanks for that, just got the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor for 29.99 :)

The code doesn't work for the Class A version, but once you got the standard version you can upgrade to the Class A for 99$

12. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

Those synths for 29.99 each = sweet

13. MojoDavey

MojoDavey Member

yo can someone explain to me how to use the code multiple times???
    It continues to tell me that I have already used the code associated with my account so I cannot use the code more than a single time.

I already got 3 plugins from 3 days, but ya know it would be sick to get more

thanks

14. Orglblork

Orglblork Ultrasonic

I'd recommend the 9000J (I use that and ProQ3 more than every single plugin installed from any company), Townhouse, the Acme Opticom is awesome for dirty stuff. the Lindell 80 is great too. That new API 50 channel is killer too

Believe it or not some of their ultra simple plugins are the most useful. bx_meter plugin, bx_limiter, bx_control...these three are especially effective and i use them constantly.

Some of the amps are pretty great too. Savage, Diezel VH4, the Orange. The SVT is the best SVT plugin out there.

The DSM3 is amazing too. As is the Milennia EQ, great mastering or 2 bus EQ there.

I got all these on sale at one point or another.

Among the plugins I've bought from them, surprisingly i get the LEAST use out of the Shadow Hills Class A and SPL Iron. I dont usually go for a lot of color on the 2 bus though. Maybe one day these two will click with me. Hawkeye also never gets used.

15. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

@Orglblork

The SSL 9000 J is not part of the sale and never has been, yet. It's just that you get a discount if you already own a SSL Channelstrip.

bx meter plugin is technically out of spec since it's only measuring Peak and RMS values and displays the crest factor like 10 years ago. It doesn't support current loudness metering standards like EBU-R128 which are critical nowadays, like Hawkeye does. I never understood why the didn't add modern measurement algorithms to it. For what it can do it should not cost 99 in retail.

I think SPL Iron is great. Not really intuitive to setup but it can add some 3d-ishness to the mix.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  16. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

DMG Audio Trackmeter doesn't look bad but I wanted a plugin which shows the spectrum, loudness and stereo field on one page and there are not so many plugins out there that can do this which are affordable.

17. DKB

DKB Producer

Thanks for recommendations. I know the ssl j not on sale but as I brought the e, g channel I get the ssl j or N for $99 and with my voucher it will be even cheaper. I agree about spl hawk eye , I do use it but along with mastering the mix levels . The lu range in Hawkeye seems completely off compared to levels as that matches my loudness meter in logic and I prefer the frequency analyser in izotope rx . I’ve got a few others the bax eq , Lindell 50 series , lindell Chanel x , bx xl v2limiter , bass mint , streamliner , metric ab , bynome, lion synth . With master desk I find it’s nothing I can’t push a few dB further with individual plugs . Waiting for the new peak limiter to be released to see if it will replace fabfilter l2 it’s always the last plugin in my chain and haven’t found a better one yet .

18. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

So it says that because you own the E & G, the J is $99 for you?

I own the E, and I own the Focusrite which gives me a $149 offer price for the J.
    If having the E & G drops the J price to $99, I might pick up the G in the short term...

Edit: Nope. Bought the G. It does not make the J $99.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  19. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

If you own the Focusrite Sc Channel already, the discounted price for the 9000 J is 149$ without additional discount codes.

20. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

Yep, I already mentioned that in my post. But I can't get the $99 offer that DKB says he has.