Plugin Alliance R2R All Bundle 2022 installation results

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pat22, Apr 29, 2023.

1. Pat22

Pat22 Member

Hello ,

I have installed all plugins from the bundle on a fresh formatted PC , Win 10 Pro , Ableton live 11.2.11 and i have to say that everything works right except one plugin called Schoeps Mono Upmix 1.3 LCR ( 1.2 stereo version works ) which says it could not be opened . Anyone managed to make it work or is it only me ?

I have read comments about PA plugins that not work , not shown etc so by the time i finished the installation , i decided to make a thread with my results . So for those who had problems with some plugins i propose to format your PCs in order to be able to use them all ! ( i know its a pain in the ass but ... )

A big thanks to R2R for this flawless work !! Guys you are the Kings of Audiozzzzzz !!

3. Lemmy

Lemmy Audiosexual

What??!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Pat22

Pat22 Member

If the last time you have formatted your PC was years ago and you install , erase , download , use cracks , update etc then it is logical your PC not working right and gives you errors due to registry faults edits etc.

5. yabiss

yabiss Platinum Record

I guess you've missed Lemmy's point...

6. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

It's only logical if you have no clue how to operate a computer. To everyone else that's just batcrap crazy.. The only reason for formatting is if the computer is not functioning correctly beyond performing the sfc /scannow

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Pat22

Pat22 Member

Hahahaha i have no clue ? Sfc scan now you do think if the registries are a fuckin mess will save you ? Hahahaha and i have no clue ??? Hahahaha i can imagine how your PC operates ....

8. Barbatron

Barbatron Ultrasonic

True true.
    Another option is, if a plugin is not working, to set your house on fire. It'll work most of the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

reinstalling everything back would take 3 months atleast, for me. Should I format now ?

10. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Oh dear. It seems I have to educate you further... Why would the registry be a mess if you back it up on a regular basis? Oh but then you probably don't do you?

11. Haze

Haze Producer

Pat22, thanks for posting with the good intentions of offering helpful advice. Unfortunately, as others have mentioned, the idea of formatting in order to install a plugin (or bundle in this case) is impractical for anyone that relies on their machine for actual work. Don't be so defensive (and borderline aggressive) when issues with your ideas that are flawed are brought to your attention, welcome them and learn from them. The people on this forum are a good bunch, treat them as so

Anyone working in audio can't afford the downtime and wouldn't dream of formatting without a good reason and a serious plan. Personally, I wouldn't do it unless there were hardware issues or a DAW update that was incompatible and necessary. Even a DAW update doesn't have to warrant an install; the latest version doesn't always (rarely in my opinion) offer any new features worth getting worked up over. Hence why I have a Cubase 12 licence but no installation...

My approach is to set up a system and basically freeze it in time as it's an enormous job to fully install, properly configure, test for issues and takes many months of work. Once complete I NEVER alter it, and if I do, it is with extreme care - back up, trace the changes, clean up, back up again; my registry has zero errors that aren't due to my deliberate configuration. I have two machines in the studio. One running W7 (yes, you read that right) that I installed ten years ago and a W10 machine I installed five years ago. Neither have been formatted but some changes have been made, with care. I'm in the midst of installing a new machine, which is, as always, a lengthy and stressful process but once it is complete, it'll stay like that more or less until it dies.

The reason I point this stuff out is that I've been there with the update, update, update illness; very seriously. As an engineer I always used to feel that I needed to be on top of all the latest developments and spent all my spare time embroiled in that trap. It completely stopped my own musical output for the best part of a decade. Eventually I realised how that cycle was affecting me and also how the truth was that "tech" wasn't actually moving as fast as developers would have you believe.

I have decades old hardware in my studio and I still use some twenty year old plugins. As a case in point, the digital EQ algorithms haven't changed pretty much since they were first implemented in the late 90s, and why would they? The actual designs they are based on are even older, dating back to the 70s. Slapping a hi-res virtual reality tactile holographic interface connected to the devs marketing cloud won't change the maths, not now, not ever, but it may convince you that a new plugin version will solve all your engineering woes forevermore when more often than not it will create problems, not fix them.

12. Gyorgy Ligeti

Gyorgy Ligeti Platinum Record

In my opinion your comment should be posted on evidence on all social media platforms for aspiring musicians entering the world of professional audio. Thank you!

13. hankarlo

hankarlo Ultrasonic

Love your approach, well said! I hope the original poster finds the wisdom from it, to do what he feels is right.
    I'm curious, with regards to your new PC install, what version of windows did you go with? (sorry for going a bit off topic)

Peace!

14. Haze

Haze Producer

Hi hankarlo, I've gone with Windows 10. Main reasons being that not all current software is W11 compatible and more importantly some hardware is incompatible. I also documented all the tweaks and optimisations I'd done previously so this has aided the new build, though a lot has changed since 1609, and not for the better so a lot of new learning has been necessary. W11 appears to be even more bloated, and difficult, to banish all the intrusive Microsoft "features" that I have absolutely no need for on a dedicated offline audio PC, plus W11 doesn't seem to offer any tangible benefit over W10 for me personally. It seems to me that W11 is another W2000 / Vista / W8.0 in that they are once again forcing changes that are unnecessary and undesirable to long-standing users, though I'm sure it's not likely to be as incompatible and dysfunctional as those particular OS versions were. Of course it may be different for different users with different requirements, different hardware/software needs but for me current/backwards compatibility is essential and presently W10 offers that above W11 as far as I can see.