Plugin Alliance License No Longer Works

Discussion in 'Software' started by Crevice9, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Crevice9

Crevice9 Producer

I have legit and warez PA plugins running on one pc without issue. I keep the licenses on different drives and it works. I'm trying to do this on another pc but it won't work. I've deleted the AppData folder and retried but same results. Ideas?

3. Ariel Gonzalez

Ariel Gonzalez Platinum Record

are you trying to use the licenses registered from one computer on another?? i don't think that it is possible, given the fact that the license is generated with the computer id

4. Crevice9

Crevice9 Producer

No I'm not. I'm using a licenses for this specific machine id.

5. Ryck

Ryck Guest

does the pc have the same username? it can be that. For example, if I have my license in RYCK-PC and I change the name to RYC-PC, it will be taken as another user, another license.

6. Crevice9

Crevice9 Producer

I am using different licenses

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Some of the big companies have their copy protection coupled to the CPU. (Each CPU supposedly has its own number).

For example, if you change the CPU and start your iLok software synthesizer, you
    will notice that the registration is gone and you have to register all new ones.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. Crevice9

Crevice9 Producer

At Plugin Alliance they use machine id. You upload your id and download a license.

The problem isn't that the license doesn't work, it's that it doesn't work at the same time warez licenses are working. I can successfully run either one but when you activate one the other stops working. You can reactivate them but I need both to work at the same time.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  9. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

As has been discussed many times, one license file covers one device and one account only. You can't have one license file for two accounts, you need one license file for your legit PA on one device (eg your system HD) and the license for the others on a USB key.

If you are using legit PA plugins on two different machines using system HD licenses, each machine will need to be activated as they will have different hardware IDs.

It works fine, and this is the only way you can combine multiple accounts (or legit and non-legit, which is effectively the same thing).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Itzehoe

Itzehoe Member

They emulate Ilok and stuff... why don’t they emulate machine id?

11. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Let's see, I don't understand what it is that doesn't work for you do you have two pc? certain? On PC "A" You have the original vst, and the sister site's vst on an external drive and both work then you say that on PC "B", it doesn't work. Well it doesn't work? the original? the originals and those of the sister site?. Could you be more specific?

12. Itzehoe

Itzehoe Member

He‘s talking about the org

13. Crevice9

Crevice9 Producer

• 2 different computers
    • Both computers need to run legit and warez PA plugins
    • Computer A has the legit license on its HD and warez license on SD card flash drive
    • Computer B has the legit license on its HD and warez license on SD card flash drive
    • Computer A has a legit license that is for it's specific machine id
    • Computer B has a legit license that is for it's specific machine id
    • Computer A runs both legit and warez PA plugins without a problem
    • Computer B allows either legit or warez to run but not both at the same time
    • If you activate the legit license on computer B, you deactivate the warez license
    • If you go back to reactivate the warez license on computer B, you deactivate the legit license
    • Computer B will allow only one license to be active at a time, it's like playing Whack-A-Mole, you can keep going from one to the other but not both
    That's about as plain and clear as I can make it.

14. Crevice9

Crevice9 Producer

*FIX*

You are only allowed 3 devices with PA. I had to remove computer B as a device from the PA website and add only the flash drive as a new device. I used the same licenses I have been trying to get to activate and it worked. I knew they were good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List