Plugin Alliance ... February 08, 2019

Discussion in 'Software News' started by thantrax, Jan 17, 2019.

1. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

I think PA is a great company. Usb activation to be able to switch between different PCs. Cheap sales and vouchers. Outstanding customer support. Rock solid coding of their plugins. This last reason is why I use them. Their stuff is professionally coded. It just works. Vst, vst3, aax, etc. They make all formats and they all work great. Never had a problem with a PA software. I’ll prolly never use a DS Audio plugin ever, not a synth guy, but I imagine DS merged with PA to make his software better. To get better coding and formats. Users will benefit from the great coding, format stability, and great customer support. PA makes plugin companies better.

2. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

I've had a mixed experience, good and a little bit bad. When I was building my new PC last year I went through a period of playing about with the hyperthreading setting, which caused me unknowingly to use all my activations and more importantly deactivations....

I didn't notice at first but recently I rebuilt my PC and found myself stuck, I wrote to support at PA and after 2 days got a reply saying I've reset your account, try putting your licences on a USB fob. I was then able to fix everything and move my licences to the fob before they put my count back on and haven’t looked back since really. So nice one PA support. I do however run Cubase and it took them long enough to stop random crashing of PA plugins in Cubase.

To be a bit honest I'm really surprised at the enforced $19 fee and my sympathies are with Cav Emp and the likes, it seems very much like a raw deal. In my mind they should get a discount coupon that covers the cost and some more as a welcome to PA. Would seem a much better way of welcoming your new customers...

3. virusg

virusg Rock Star

...yeah, better, only problem is DS software was already good looking and sounding, plus selled at lower price winch for him i think were secure income, now he joins PA, they will raise prices in order to benefit from this scam, and DS software will be pulled from online shops where available selled only by greedy PA ...how they can justify 200 mb on a server as cover costs in 2019, its total bullshi*|* ...legit users are scammed right in their face, i understand the benefit if there is any that DS gets but like i said: his income maybe was little and secured money, joining PA will get same ammount of money or worse because of their protection, in past using a simple serial unlocked all on as may mache you want, now users will be tied to a single device in order to use it... that sucks!
    ...solution will be not to upgrade and let him alonw with PA, now dont get me wrong, i like PA and i am a legit user of many of their stuff but still using the 2013 bundle by our beloved gods, i can show it to you if you dont bleieve and, at the same time i hate it (PA), the vouchers they give is when you spend alot, and i know many cant afford ...and yeah let me say it: where are the good old days of R2R ...im not asking for nothing, its just that im pissed by this marketing scheme, where the big try to control the little and the poor, fuck'em ...

4. acucar23

acucar23 Newbie

PA the best plugins