(plugin-alliance.com) fiedler audio stage

Discussion in 'Software News' started by thantrax, Aug 15, 2017.

1. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

fiedler audio stage

[​IMG]

fiedler audio has a reputation for setting new standards. Two years after developing the revolutionary reverberation algorithm at the heart of Brainworx’s bx_rooms, they have once again redefined the world of acoustical enhancement with stage – a plugin that uses trailblazing stereo-spatial processing methods to take good mixes and masters, and make them great.

And The Stage Is Set!

Simply put, stage is here to give your mixes that final shine and depth you’ve heard on countless records, drawing out an inherent character you might not have even known your sounds possessed. By leveraging subtle delays, internal phase augmentation and modulation techniques, you can now effortlessly emphasize the natural depth and space of any natural recording or synthesized element. The result is an increase in overall definition and perceived size – all elusive qualities that in the end contribute to a type of sonic weight that will quickly become indispensable to your audio toolkit.

And just how is this possible? Under stage’s hood are mighty psychoacoustic algorithms that power the innovative panning and stereo alteration controls, giving engineers, sound designers, and electronic musicians the ability to sculpt their stereo image with minimal effort and maximum precision. Arrange your tracks from left to right, front to back or even diagonally if you like; enhance the ambience of your masters or go for wildly modulated effects. stage can do it all!

Stage features

• Versatile acoustical enhancement for a large variety of sources – from single tracks to full mixes.
    • Remarkable stereophonic augmentation that expands the potential of internal M/S processing while increasing perceived depth, size and texture.
    • Input section, with stereo corrective tools like M/S blend and L/R tilt, easily and quickly changes the balance between mid, side, left and right information of the source material.
    • Pan section with two sophisticated algorithms that allow for accurate panoramic adjustment of mono and stereo sources.
    • Ambience section that facilitates subtle or extreme stereo width enhancement, tone coloration, and creative frequency modulation effects.
    • Perceptually optimized and source-dependent Colour module that features four intelligent filters for fine tuning the processed sound.
    • LFO module features two LFOs that can create anything from subtle motion to wild modulation effects.
    • GUI contains a virtual soundstage to intuitively visualize and adjust all spatial parameters.
    • An innovative routing system that allows for the wet and dry signals to be monitored either in tandem or separately.
    More info here
    Price: $99,00 (Regiular $179,00)

Source
    Plugin-Alliance

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

Interesting plugin. By the name, I was sort of expecting something with some depth control, but after watching the video, I don't think it does this exactly.
    I look forward to hearing some of the other member's feedback on this plug.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. bigboobs

bigboobs Kapellmeister

I'm not sure at this point... it looks interesting, but is it a game changer? The next plugin to stage would be "Bloom" to FXPansion, which is a delay at first, but can sound similar.

Well, let's see its parts:
    * A simple M/S controller
    * a slightly enhanced pan control with visual feedback,
    * a (mediocre) ambience/reverb(-fx) section hard wired to an LFO
    * and finally some kind of magic enhanced EQ.

Well... for simple M/S there are good tools like that A1StereoTool thing (free!), for panning, there are LOTS of plugins (check: http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/5-of-the-best-vst-au-autopanning-plugins-633180 for some), a reverb, well... you should know more than enough reverb plugins.
    That EQ with predefined states like "Presence" is interesting when they work well on your source material. The very next plugin would be "Infected Mushroom Pusher", which has similar controls, and IS working good :)

So, it's very easy to simulate this vst, by simply putting already known, famous and free plugins in a row and you're there.

For me, it's not necessary at all.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. peterA

peterA Platinum Record

I listened to the examples on their site and couldn't hear much difference even on headphones. A lot of their examples were mono to begin with so it wouldn't take much to make them sound pseudo stereo. Can't see anything that a normal stereo spreader can't do.

• List
  6. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

Panorama section sounds like xfeed/delay

7. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Gave the demo a try and actually liked it quite a lot :yes:
    Some cool settings out the box for quick convenience I guess.
    Game changer - No way on earth lol but pretty cool and convenient I guess.
    Flanger presets sound pretty cool with a guitar run through.
    I also agree that you can create the same with your own FX chain using stock plugins etc but can see this being a useful plugin for say a user with little experience that way or someone who just want's to dial in a pretty cool flanger straight of the bat for quick results.
    Personally speaking, I often find many spatial or time dependent FX such as maybe chorus/flangers/phasers pretty shite compared to say some of the results you can get with maybe Eventide hardware or Strymon pedals with say guitar.
    For me personally is maybe comparable in sound etc to some of the Eventide plugins but they more reasonably priced.
    I do like plugin alliance stuff but it leads me to the pricing structure which I really have no clue or idea where or how they come up with the figures.
    Taking this plugin as an example -
    a.) Regular Price $179 dollars Worth that? No way & ridiculously overpriced :no:
    b.) Intro price - $99 dollars For me personally still way overpriced when you maybe compare with some of the eventide plugins at $49.
    c.) Using the $75 dollar vouchers they giving away every couple of months to paying customers meaning you can pick it up now for just $24 - Quite possibly :yes: and not a bad price for a useful plugin.

Same as always with Plugin Alliance stuff pretty solid & interesting stuff but sort the pricing structure bit out FFS lol :bow:

8. RhionOh

RhionOh Newbie

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  9. Joe_sleaze

Joe_sleaze Platinum Record

10. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

11. odod

odod Rock Star