(plugin-alliance.com) elysia karacter

Discussion in 'Software News' started by thantrax, Jun 9, 2017.

1. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

elysia karacter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The elysia karacter is not currently purchasable, but you can download and start trials now. We will be announcing the official launch soon.

elysia enjoys a reputation among audio connoisseurs as a venerated boutique manufacturer of very high-end and innovative hardware. Now another of their greatest hits, the karacter Discrete Class A Stereo Saturator, has been precisely modeled by the wizards at Brainworx and made available as a plugin. Affectionately known as “The Coloring Box” by its fans because of the various ways in which it fattens and adds sparkle to tracks, karacter’s unique sounds separate it from the pack.

karacter is actually a bundle of two plugins: karacter mix and karacter master. karacter mix provides a straightforward set of controls for treating mono and stereo tracks. The more surgical karacter master features independent controls for left and right channels or, in MS mode, mid and side channels and is optimized for processing full mixes and stereo stems and subgroups.

Feature
    • Faithfully models the sonic qualities and behavior of elysia’s flagship karacter Discrete Class A Stereo Saturator
    • Two plugins—karacter mix and karacter master—are included to optimize your workflow
    • Saturation mode gently colors full mixes and pristine acoustic instruments
    • FET Shred mode emulates the pleasing distortion of a driven tube amp, adding grit and size to electric instruments and more
    • Turbo Boost mode radically transforms tracks with severe, asymmetric clipping of positive signal phase’s peaks
    • karacter master plugin provides surgical mid-side processing of stereo mixes, subgroups, tracks and stems
    • Drive control adjusts the level of distortion from mild saturation to destructive overdrive
    • Color control tilts the spectral balance of generated harmonics to create a variety of saturated timbres

Price: $199,00 - More info here

Source
    Plugin-Alliance

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Nice!

4. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

Its all about color

5. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

I don't mind that they create such a plugin. But the spelling of the name gives me eye cancer.

What's wrong with "Charakter" or "character"?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  6. Hooman.Leys

Hooman.Leys Platinum Record

This is exactly what they want :rofl:

7. Gnib

Gnib Producer

PLUGIN-ALLIANCE already has Noveltech Character????

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

It's all about colour, but also weird looking knobs. These will assure you that there's no difference in sound to their hardware. :rofl: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/karacter500 Which is, of course, not true. It doesn't cost $975 just because it's got real knobs. :wink:

Gosh I would love to be able to afford it. Seems like really great "colour-box"! :wink: I just can't justify forking $975 for it.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  9. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Registered trade-mark? :dunno:

10. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

iKansah

Why not Karakta or Charachter?
    :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Oh yeah, I forgot. Because it's bad! ;)

12. krewznie

krewznie Newbie

Hello buddies please i have plugin alliance 4.6 from r2r but when i open the zip file its only the vst plugins ,pdf files and some plenty papackage files please can somebody helps me how to activate it and windows does nt see that files when i try to activate it offline as a key extension please help.Thanks.

13. usernone

usernone Producer

I have the hardware version. If the plugins are even half as good as it, then these are very, very well worth the investment.

14. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Just my curiosity, what music genre(s) are you making?

With every day passing I discover that highly praised hardware or vintage amulations are not so vital when producing electronic music. Often times they have quite the opposite effect on electronic instruments.

15. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Could you post a couple of audio file to help us to figure out the real value of the SW vs HW?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  16. usernone

usernone Producer

80% of the time, I work on Techno, and Tech House. The other 20% of the time I work on Classic Rock with my Uncle's. Truthfully I do a wide variety of production and sound design, and the Karacter is just a badass on everything I throw at it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List