(plugin-alliance.com) Brainworx bx_subfilter Free

Discussion in 'Software News' started by thantrax, Apr 10, 2017.

1. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

I can confirm, it (still) works.

2. fariel23

fariel23 Noisemaker

is posible to share the .dll file? then we can authorise

3. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

I'd like to try this, but not sure I want to go through licensing hell again like it was with Nebula and Slate Trigger 2.
    Can someone post an example of something (a kick or bass track) they've treated with this along with the untreated track so I can determine if it's worth the effort and not something that's easily achieved using the multitude of equalizers I already have?

4. dondada

dondada Rock Star

so what do you use?

5. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

nofx

fx (bx_subfilter on drum-buss / 60Hz / +2db)

Note:
    Raw samples. No eq, no compression, no limiter.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  6. digitaldragon

7. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

@digitaldragon

You're welcome.
    I have some projects ready-to-use so I can start a testing session in minutes.

8. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

"It's a straight digital EQ without any colorization..." You can say that about just any VST plugin EQ. How about Toneboosters EQ? It's a really great EQ by your standards. And pretty much any of the 1675 other VST EQ plugins [1232 of them being free] are also absolutely transparent and straight digital EQs. :wink: Happy EQ-ing! :headbang:

p.s. Once upon a time I was using Yamaha Pro-Mix for mixing... there was no choice on that thing and I can tell you now that it sounds like shit, but at the time it sounded like THE shit. ;)

9. haha

haha Ultrasonic

I always seem to prefer 'standard' IIR eq on bass. I don't like how FIR algorithms mess with the bass, so, to me, it's the most logical choice. Besides that, this plugin enhances the fundamental of a sound, so no need for anything fancy like harmonic distortion on top of the eq. It does what it says on the label and it's free. Nothing to complain about it from where I stand.

10. fariel23

fariel23 Noisemaker

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  11. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

This is pretty much just a fancy looking resonant HPF, I guess. It could also apply some compression on the bass, and I'm not sure if they compress it or not. I don't think so.

This is a neat trick, not often mentioned, for mixing bass.

1) make a copy of your bass track and set up a HPF at around 200-250Hz on the first one.
    2) set up a LPF at the same frequency on the second track.
    3) set up a resonant HPF around 30-60Hz on the second track. Adjust the Q [resonance amount] to taste.
    4) now use a gentle [or to taste] compressor on this HPF/LPF-ed bass track to get a nice, controlled bass.
    5) additionally, or instead of a compressor, you could set up some saturation plugin on the second track.

Toneboosters EQ has nice both HP and LP resonant filters that you can use for this. :wink:

Cheeers! :headbang:

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. digitaldragon

Still have to go through the licensing ordeal with this? Or just install it (crossing fingers)?

Awesome tip! I think I need to research resonant HP and LP filters to see what's under the hood with them. Are they anything like that EQ curve that spencer26 was telling subgenre to use on his kick?

https://audiosex.pro/threads/local-rock-band-im-recording.24129/#post-179566

13. Nitrophos

Nitrophos Ultrasonic

his demo song blows lol

14. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

looks like it is with simplified controls for dialing in the sweetspot. I actually was just talking about that on another thread you posted

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Hmm that looks a bit weird. I think it's not very usable to boost any frequencies lower than 50Hz, be it kick or bass even. It's just low rumble that 1% of people are able to hear. The ones that have superb sound systems. Even club systems can generally only produce some bass around 60-70Hz. Anything lower is just using up the headroom unnecessarily.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. THENATAN

THENATAN Guest

Anyone Notice That , By Activating Bx_subfilter All Plugins With R2R Activation , Gets Deactivated Again?
    And Every Time I Use R2R Activation , Subfilter Gets Deactive And Vice Versa.

17. virusg

virusg Rock Star

i guess at this point only V.R could be our heroes :unsure::(

18. digitaldragon

It made a difference to my kick, even on small speaker systems. Maybe it's due to my using a compressor that creates harmonics when it compresses that low frequency energy. :dunno:

19. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

How?
    Not in OSX!
    Once you activate one with official Licence, the K'ed Licence will deactivate and vice versa!

20. coolbeanz

coolbeanz Platinum Record

i went thru that same scenario when i downloaded this plugin over the weekend. drove me crazy for a few hours...until i figured it out. i'm on windoze btw...but it may work similar on mac.

u can have both legit (L)/non-legit (NL) PA plugins, but the licenses can't be in the same place (the .dll files can). for example, my PA plugs (NL) are on a second internal SSD with the rest of my studio software, and my PA folder has the NL license in there with the NL plugs.

if u want to use LEGIT PA plugs (like the bx_subfilter), it should go something like this (this is off memory, so some steps may not be exact, but it does flow like this for the most part):

1) find a USB stick (hopefully empty) & plug it into your laptop/desktop. if it isn't empty, transfer/erase everything on it just in case

2) install the plugin (the .dll vst can be with the NL ones in the same folder). u DO NOT have to download/install the PA download manager!

3) open your DAW & load the plugin. it'll ask you to authorize

4) uncheck the box that says something about authorizing all plugins, and choose to authorize online.

5) log in to you PA acct thru the plugin (create one if you have to). after u log in, u should see a pull-down menu with the choices being your laptop/pc (HD), or the empty USB stick u stuck in there earlier.

6) since your NL license is on the HD (laptop/pc), choose the USB to authorize.

7) afterwards, log off and do some DAW-work! your L and NL PA plugins should work at the same time.

...and the bx_subfilter is a pretty good plugin, btw. me likey! :like:

Last edited: May 3, 2017