(plugin-alliance.com) Brainworx bx_console Focusrite SC

Discussion in 'Software News' started by thantrax, Jul 6, 2019.

1. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Brainworx bx_console Focusrite SC

[​IMG]

We’re proud to welcome Focusrite’s famous and ultra-rare console to our platform.10 were only ever made, 9 are still alive today. Please check the amazing 38 minute documentary (made by Focusrite) about this console on YouTube, which is in our video playlist above.

The birth of Focusrite began in 1985 when Sir George Martin, otherwise known as the fifth Beatle, approached Rupert Neve to inquire about custom modules for AIR Montserrat. His studio regularly saw everyone from Paul McCartney, Elton John, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Eric Clapton and countless others. George discussed with Rupert a design for a top of the line microphone preamp and an EQ with low noise and an extra wide bandwidth with the main goal of it being as musical as possible. What came out of this vision was the ISA-110, featuring a transformer-coupled mic preamp with a four band EQ and highpass and lowpass filters. Word travelled fast and these standalone units could soon be found in studios across the planet. With the massive success achieved by the ISA-110 and the companion ISA-130 compressor/limiter/de-esser module, a ton of orders quickly emerged.

In the late 80’s Focusrite spared no expense when working on their ambitious studio desk, but as costs rapidly reached astronomical levels, the rights to the console were acquired by Phil Dudderidge of Soundcraft Electronics. The Focusrite Studio Console was finally completed by his team. From the work on ISA-110 and ISA-130, Phil’s engineers crafted equally successful designs, the ISA-215, 220 and 430. Since then, the Focusrite Studio Console has gained an enviable reputation for dynamic punch and clinical equalisation and firmly established itself as the recording and mixing desk of choice in select studios all over the world. The list of records made on this desk includes everyone from Green Day, No Doubt and tons of others.

Red more here

3. playtime

playtime Rock Star

Daaamn! I have Focusrite ISA One preamp with ISA-110 module and it's nothing but amazing. If BrainWorx made an emulation at 90% original gear quality this will be very interesting :guru:

4. Adam Ford

Adam Ford Producer

Might be interesting to confront it with Acustica Audio Big Ceil.

5. Hooman.Leys

Hooman.Leys Platinum Record

hmm... Then might be interesting to confront with difference in cpu usage between them!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Will test this strip tomorrw. I was really satisfied with the BX SSL Channels!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. AudioTee

AudioTee Kapellmeister

Price?

8. coolbeanz

coolbeanz Platinum Record

none yet. demo only, from what the site shows.

9. coolbeanz

i would literally shit myself if they release the studer & ampex tape plugins from UA. or any tape emu for that matter

10. playtime

playtime Rock Star

Studer A800 & Ampex ATR-102 are UA's original plugin emulations. The ones who were released as native are developed by BrainWorx/PA

11. coolbeanz

i'll take it either way! i just would like to see PA release a tape emu

12. darthloud

darthloud Producer

great console