(plugin-alliance.com) Brainworx bx_console E

Discussion in 'Software News' started by thantrax, Jul 26, 2017.

1. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Brainworx bx_console E

[​IMG]

Turn your DAW into a classic, high-end mixing console! bx_console E is a stunning 72-channel emulation (yes, that´s 72 different channels!) of the world-famous British E Series mixing console, introduced in 1979. Heard on countless hit records by marquee artists including Beyoncé, Kendrick Lamar, Metallica, Sting and Genesis, the E Series is the preferred console of celebrated mix engineers Chris Lord Alge, Bob Clearmountain and innumerable others. Now, thanks to Brainworx’s revolutionary Tolerance Modeling Technology, the E Series console’s three-dimensional analog sound has been reproduced with startling realism in the digital realm.

But there’s more. Brainworx’s owner — accomplished producer/engineer Dirk Ulrich — and his award-winning development team turbocharged the classic hit-making console with a boatload of powerful mods and new features, including some from the later-released G Series British console. Rather than simply model an EQ and compressor, Dirk and the Brainworx team created the sound, feel and workflow of an ideal hybrid large-format console, incorporating all the missing features he’s longed for when working on traditional British consoles.

You can now have that ideal multichannel console in your laptop. Every Channel Sounds Different — Just Like with Analog

Features

• Models the classic British E Series mixing console, offering 72 different channels
    • Full-featured channel strip includes a Compressor/Limiter, Expander/Gate, 4-band parametric EQ, and wide-ranging High Pass and Low Pass filters
    • Tolerance Modeling Technology (TMT, Patent Pending) simulates channel-to-channel variances of electronic components for the most realistic analog sound
    • “Brown” and “Black” EQ revisions can be swapped independently per channel with the click of a mouse
    • HF and LF EQ bands can be independently switched to provide either bell-curve or shelving response
    • EQ can be placed before or after the Dynamics section (Compressor/Limiter and Expander/Gate), in the audio path, or routed to the Dynamics’ sidechain
    • High Pass and Low Pass filters’ frequency ranges can be independently shifted by a factor of three to reach far into the midrange band
    • High Pass and Low Pass filters can be placed in the audio path or the Dynamics’ sidechain
    • Compressor/Limiter features continuously variable Threshold, Ratio, wet/dry Mix and two-stage Release controls; a dedicated High Pass filter; and a toggle for Auto- and Fast-attack times
    • Expander/Gate features continuously variable Threshold, Range and Release controls; two alternate Threshold ranges; and an Auto-/Fast-attack toggle
    • Swap E and G Series Compressor VCAs independently per channel with the click of a mouse
    • Expander/Gate features continuously variable Threshold, Range and Release controls and an Auto-/Fast-attack toggle
    • Gate features continuously variable Hysteresis control that prevents on-off chattering when input signal level fluctuates around the threshold
    • Expander Invert function lets you hear just the portion of signal that will be gated or expanded, helping you set the most effective threshold
    • Dynamics section can be keyed by an external sidechain input signal
    • Continuously variable THD control adds colorful saturation independently per channel
    • Continuously variable Virtual Gain control adds simulated analog noise independently per channel
    • Comprehensive metering and monitoring facilities incl. M/S solo features
    • EUCON parameter mapping provided for Avid controllers, including the S6 control surface

Price: $179,00 (Regular $299,00)
    More info here

Source
    Plugin-Alliance

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. rootwits

rootwits Producer

There will be a E and G plugin :), nice

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

5. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

I've been dying for this one to make the scene ...

6. SOKRVT

SOKRVT Kapellmeister

I have the new SSL E 4000 , i wonder how this compares to that.. hmm

7. haha

haha Ultrasonic

You mean, the UAD one?

8. reggiejaxx

reggiejaxx Member

I didn't even bother doing a shoot out as i'm trying to get away from the click load tweak..with this console E not only is the sound amazing and you get two different flavour eq and compressors but then you got 72 channels modeled differently using their TMT tech.But selling point after all that is that i can use as many instances as i want even on my older macbook pro.

9. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual