Plugin Alliance All Bundle v3.1 -- HELP!

Discussion in 'Software Reviews and Tutorials' started by JayBee, Aug 21, 2024 at 2:32 AM.

1. JayBee

JayBee Newbie

Hey,

I have installed since 2017 the “Plugin Alliance All Bundle v3.1” and I want to uninstall it and install the latest version “Plugin Alliance – MEGA Bundle Effects 2024”.

Unfortunately I can’t fine the uninstall.exe
    I’ve searched several times in my system but I couldn’t find anything.

Any ideas how will I uninstall the old bundle ??? I’m on windows 10.

3. Joe Taco

Joe Taco Member

One easy way to solve your problem is this: https://www.widebluesound.com/audio-plugin-uninstaller/
    It was free until recently but now $9 but in my opinion still worth it! I use it regularly

Sorry I just saw you are on Windows. In that case maybe https://macpaw.com/cleanmypc or the like. Just google search...
    I use the Mac version Clean My Mac and it’s great! I’m not sponsored by neither, btw... lol

Last edited: Aug 21, 2024 at 3:20 AM
  4. omiac

omiac Moderator Staff Member

I use a combo of CCleaner and Everything to find, uninstall and delete things...

5. JayBee

JayBee Newbie

Guys... I'm aware of cleaner applications, in fact I was using them a lot before 5 years. Unfortunately I had more problems with them than without them as they were deleting many other files that were crusial or vital for windows to operate.

Any other sugegstion how to get rid of/uninstal the old “Plugin Alliance All Bundle v3.1” ??
    I'm afraid that if I simply delete the dll's of each plugin in program files, the newer version will not behave right.

6. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

I'm in the same boat. SO far, I have settled for incremental removal...the manual way. Add/Remove Programs - about 5 plugins a day for sanity until their all gone.

7. omiac

omiac Moderator Staff Member

RE: CCleaner, indeed you should be careful about what you "clean" and/or update, or anything else. I only use it for daily : "Custom clean", "Registry" cleaner and "Uninstall" features and never have any issues. This for as long as I can remember.

RE: Everything, it does just that, finds everything on your PC. If “Plugin Alliance All Bundle v3.1” is on your PC, it will find it. From there, you can relocate, delete, uninstall or whatever you want to do with the folders and files found.

My process works like this... find it with Everything, then uninstall using the official program file, then CCleaner - or simply use CCleaner to uninstall, clean files and registry. Your choice. Search again and doublecheck its completely wiped (if not, then manually delete whats leftover).