Plug Ins are randomly turning back to there default state after transfering my plugins from an exter

Discussion in 'Software' started by CharlieCrizzle, Mar 29, 2020.

1. CharlieCrizzle

CharlieCrizzle Kapellmeister

begin rant now:
    A month ago I accidentally partitioned my internal drive and fucked it up beyond repair. I made a copy of the drive with carbon copy cloner to an external, then wiped my internal. Unfortunately i didnt format the external correctly and therefore it wasnt bootable. So i had to manually transfer my applications, plugins, and application support folders. When I started up live for the first time half my plug ins acted as if they had not been authorized. I found that i had missed some preference files and after moving them 95% of my plug ins work fine.

But there are a few still not working and now some plug ins that are working will randomly turn to there default state. A phase plant patch that i had worked on for 3 hours just vanished. Sometimes i forget to immediately save patches but live still will open up to them after returning from a crash usually. 2 other Plug ins so far have defaulted and Im trying to figure out if there are still files for the plug ins that i missed while transferring, or if Live is just spazzing out. If anyone can help It would save me so much time and frustration. Thanks!

The drive that i backed up to orignally got formatted to Mac OS extended. To be bootable it needs to be APFS. My intelligence kicked in again because i realized i never even tried to see if i could reformat the drive to make it bootable. So i guess that is an option if i cant troubleshoot the specific files.

end rant: