Ploytec 700W - AI Smart Limiter Compressor??

Discussion in 'Software' started by curtified, Jul 11, 2020.

1. curtified

curtified Rock Star

I picked up Ploytec 700W and have been trying it on some of my mixes. It balances them pretty well but I still have no idea what's going on. Does anyone else use this plug and care to explain what might be happening under the hood?

This is from their website:
    "700W is an automated audio normalizer. Unlike a conventional compressor, it only acts where you need it. Its main field of application is to enhance your endmix. You can gain some loudness even after the limiter, or get rid of single spikes.

700W is easy to use: Just lower the threshold as long as you don't hear disturbing artifacts. Try the different strategies for a soft-knee effect, at the zero-transitions of the waves 700W normalizes."

https://www.ploytec.com/700W/

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. curtified

curtified Rock Star

I found this video if anyone cares to translate??

4. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

He beats around the bush, not making any specific statements about what the plugin is doing exactly.

He says this plugin should be used after the final limiter :woot: which typically works with 20ms attack time :woot: :woot: and his pluggie would fetch the remaining peaks - aha.

My conclusion is, this a variable knee limiter with 0 attack time, nothing more nothing less.

Furthermore I found it strange that he was so mysterious and vage about its function that I clicked on the link to YT and found out that this is from 2012, means outdated. Final limiters should imho be used with as less attack time as possible, which is in most cases 0ms and no problem for modern tools.

5. curtified

curtified Rock Star

Wow, thank you for taking the time to translate this! Appreciate you No Avenger!

As well as break down the whole concept! It was seeming too good to be true but I couldn't find anything. Even the plugin is hard to understand.