Please Recommend a good SOLO HORN/TRUMPET lib?

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Supafly, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Supafly

Supafly Newbie

hello guys there are many orchestral sample packs for sale, but i want to make old school funk& reggae stuff, i so id really like your knowlege to find some good trumpets and sax i can layer myself thanks :)

3. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Embertone Sensual sax imo is really good.
    Trumpet,idk many kontakt libraries,the latest adventure brass sounds really good.

4. mgggg

mgggg Newbie

Anything from samplemodeling is great

5. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Hmm, like rock and pop style horns? Try First Call Horns and Vintage horns. I used the First call horns in a dancehall type reggae track in the past. I also hear that big bad horns are good for this upfront raw sound too

6. javiawake

javiawake Noisemaker

sample modelling is your friend¡¡ i have made a lot of things of jazz with that stuff.

Embertone sax is a very very good option too really

7. Supafly

Supafly Newbie

thanks guys, embertone sax sounds great, ill have a look at the sample modeling stuff looks quite unique as its a vst not kontakt

8. I know that you had asked for specifically a library, however Milestone (like in Miles Davis's tone) I feel to be a very cool vst instrument. I wrote a piece a few years ago and used Milestone as the solo instrument and people were surprised that it wasn't a real person playing a real trumpet. In my opinion it is a great little instrument, expressive as well as fun to play as it sounds so real that it enables me to perform perhaps more creatively than otherwise, if that makes any sense at all. A company named GSI is the creator and a demo can be downloaded from their site. http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=25

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2016