please rate my mix

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by delgadilloalex, Feb 17, 2013.

1. delgadilloalex

delgadilloalex Newbie

https://soundcloud.com/new-agent/left-here-suffering

would love some critic on the mix.

having problems with the low freq's.

3. kyle379

kyle379 Newbie

Although this isn't my type of music, I understand what is considered good for all the different genres out there. My opinion is that it is very good, but my suggestion is to make the vocals just a bit more clear, and a tad bit louder. Good Luck. 4.5/5, 5/5 with the vocal suggestion.

4. coolbeanz

coolbeanz Platinum Record

i agree w/ kyle379. turn the vocals up & you got a winner, imo. sounds good to me otherwise.

5. jiemayn

jiemayn Noisemaker

AMAZING you are so brilliant I never heard a post this cool. :) have u been using the transient designer from UAD or hardware??? anyway, it sounds like you use a LOT of analogue gear

6. eternaloptimist

eternaloptimist Member

cool track man. i have to say though, i thought it was all over the place. as mentioned about the vocal. also eq and mix down could be improved. it sounded as if everything was trying to be heard?? does that make sense? i would personally make the vocal the main thing about the track and have everything else lower in volume. also thought the drums were a wee too punchy

good track man :thumbsup:

7. delgadilloalex

delgadilloalex Newbie

you are all correct on your thoughts on this track. just needed to make sure. doing this project alone, i tend to lose myself in the mix needing a fresh,professional,outside opinion. which you all provided.

thank you so much! you all are my 1st impression of people in the forum and seems to be a great place, with so much great information.

@Jiemayn i have 0 analog eq,compressors,ect.
    every thing was done in the box . Cubase 6.5, w/ VST'S bas 20/20 mon's., AKG 220 mic, MOTU 8PRE Preams used nothing fancy (cant Afford it)
    D/A Motu 828 MK2

thanks every one.

8. Devlin

Devlin Newbie

track is kinda soft volume. I need more high, brightness. Sounds like you EQ'ed too much. Wondering if you used compression at the master bus. If not, this could spice and glue the things together...

Reminds me of old 80's music. Like the voice, the different synths. I miss a break so i can hear the voice better. A break with only drums or bass. Maybe use this as a start of the song and build it with the extra synths and FX.

9. GangamStyle

GangamStyle Ultrasonic

What genre is this supposed to be?

Sorry, but it's just , well, it is bad....
    The first 50 seconds of the track are pointless, it does'nt set anything up, just serves as a way to waste 50 seconds doing nothing.
    There is nothing interesting for me in the entire track, and the vocals sound like an alcoholic with a heroin habit...
    The "snare" or clap or whatever that is, is WAY too loud, does not sit in the mix at all.

I am sure everyone is just going to tell me i don't know the genre... but seriously, if this is considered good in that genre, then i don't get it at all....

Sorry for being that harsh, but you asked us to listen!