Please - no "Mac please"!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dalmation, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Dalmation

Dalmation Kapellmeister

I refer to Cataly5t's post - "Cataly5t's Guidelines To A Better Forum Experience
    http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/76651-cataly5ts-guidelines-to-a-better-forum-experience/

I think it might be impossible to moderate users comments 24 hrs/7 days.

I am not a Mac hater or a Mac-user hater but the amount of waste of time and space by stupid comments in the PC sections over the at the other side is ridiculous!
    It's just "blaah blaah Mac please blaah bloody blaah..." all the time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

For real. It's both. If it's for Windows, you'll have your fiends saying "when will you upload for Mac?" and I see "PC please." a lot. It's just the new kids on the block who have no clue or didn't read the rules. They'll ALWAYS do it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

I assume you refer it also to my recent "debate" with user "Phloopy"… But mine was NOT a request nor shout out for "MAC please". It was just a message to you all that I was the one that provided R2R with the latest Rob Papen updates, and i just wanted to know WHEN they will release the MAC versions. It's annoying to see that they always bring out the stuff they want first! :snuffy: I provided them both with the MAC and WiN versions. So it doesn't feel right that they release WIN-packages and not even 1 Plug-In for MAC.

:excl: So next time I probably won't provide them with the stuff. :excl:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. cliquid

cliquid Member

It's always Mac owners that whine. Ok you might have a more powerful Mac computer than my Studio PC but I don't constantly whine about it. I just get on with it. Too much whining.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Um Yeh You got this thread for Mac To :rofl:

7. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Agreed, I can't tell you how much this annoys me when I've been reminding people for the better part of a year.

Where's the Mac version? What about Mac? This is only for PC? [​IMG][​IMG]

It makes me feel like this [​IMG] or this [​IMG] and also like this [​IMG]

I am going to ask SAiNT to include this in the Rules (not that anyone reads them) so it's crystal clear. The most idiotic part of it all is they think by whining suddenly we will say: well now that you're annoying the crap out of us sure we have it for Mac. We've been hiding it from you and were awaiting someone to be brave enough to whine so we could finally release it.

8. xcore

xcore Member

Lol what about "windows please" or "no windows?" :rofl:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  9. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Happens once in a while, not even in the same league as the Mac people but it still does.

It's like the change please zombies from South Park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlBtlDj-ARE​

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  10. uber909

uber909 Member

Don't you have anything more legit to complain about ? Is that all you care in life ??

C'mon that's a bit pathetic don't you think... or maybe you're 12 ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

He's right since it causes a lot of problems on AudioZ because that's when the fights break out and it just devolves into kindergarten. :(

12. Dalmation

Dalmation Kapellmeister

No - I don't at the moment and seldom do!

When I check the comments of a post to see if there's any important details of info I need to know eg. install instructions, bugs, compatibility issues, I get inflamed when I have to wade through the mess of comments not related to a post.

There is a 'requests' section for the purpose of... requests :excl:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef Producer

As a recent uploader of an amount of OSX stuff (and PC stuff with assistance), i must say PC users dont go 'PC Please', they (SOME) just get pissed and start being all grumpy and frustrated and not very cooperative or willing to try things. But i do see a comparable amount of 'Mac please'.

I do agree its annoying, but its probably because there are ALOT of <10 posters coming on the sites without reading the rules or knowing basic etiquette for sites like these. Its not a free-for-all, no-manners, flame-session. If you dont want to see them, maybe have more posters make exclusive posts for Members/Residents only (not that they dont do it either, cause they do). Usually they tend to be more....aware of the distaste for such comments?

Im not for one side or the other being 'right'. Its like selling sand to a desert. No one ever wins. Period.

I am exclusively OSX, as preference. And it wont change (unless tim cook completely takes steve jobs creation and wipes his ass all over it, of which i will switch to Linux). And i dont expect nor want to change a PC users mind.

In the end, its patience. Or, do as i did and work on solving it yourself. You see something for the opposite OS and you want it? Figure out how to do it yourself. Youd be surprised. I completed the largest Maschine collection to-date just by asking nicely and being honest and doing the work myself to figure out how to get them to work proper (in osx from pc formats). Then got the PC worked out by be-friending very intelligent and kind PC users.

Cooperation between the two sides can lead to great things

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. phenomboy

phenomboy Producer

Seriously, let's not turn this into another Mac vs. PC circlejerk... Xsze said it pretty well

16. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Is this thread Windows Only??? MAC Please :bow:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

I will make things simpler : there is an user/post vote, right ?

When ppl go down enough...kick them automatically

ppl like "-15" at everypost they do (we know them for years and they still there)
    Being request, hard language, being an a**hole...users will vote them down and trigger the auto-kick

users will clean the place for you, simple and fast :wink:

I know most ppl don't like this "robot" attitude, but when the trouble are big enough (not only requests in releases, but a lot more attitude troubles) it is time to use bigger means :mates:

You can even put a auto-warning first.
    "Read the rules and stop being an a**hole !" with a link to Rules and "How to not be an a**hole in society ?" :rofl:

18. dr.evil

dr.evil Kapellmeister

Actually i find it funny that a 2000 dollar mac pro user begging for some cracked shit.. :dunno:

On the other hand why are there fewer/late mac releases recently? maybe its harder to crack for osx? if that's the case then mac users have to accept that they are just paying premium for their pretty toys..

:wink:

Oh definitely they'd wanna tell about their expensive pretty toys.. :rofl:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

Its right that pc users see more mac whine, but its also correct that Osx users sees more pc whine in PC section. :excl:
    I hope some day the humanity starts to fix their own faults BEFORE fixing anothers fault :bow:
    I think that only lazy people (that do not know GIYF) and "inspiration people" (that do not know that music is a wark and science) do that kind of thing :rofl:

20. retroboy

retroboy Producer

I have to admit it does get on my tits when I see demands for PC/ Mac, almost like it's AudioZ's responsibilty to provide every release on every platform.

Let's be honest AudioZ as got an infinte amount of amazing material already available, so much that the choice does my swede in sometimes! How many vintage compressor plugs do I need?! :rofl:

I think it all boils down to greed. "We want it NOW" mentality. :dunno:

21. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

MAC Please!!
    Ban w¡ndowz from the www.
    :rofl: :bleh: :rofl: :bleh:

Okay jokes apart. I'll tell you this:
    Majorities (w¡ndowz) always try to repress minorities (mak). Repression reveals fear & weakness towards a competitor. Majorities can only rule as long their imposed hierarchy works, but it can be turned from one day to another.
    Be aware of it and keep calm + pacific.

Enjoy your short stay on this Earth.
    :wink:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List