please help with ppg waveterm A and B full

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by hani king, Jun 24, 2021.

1. hani king

hani king Platinum Record

im looking for ppg waveterm A and B (and if availbale other aphabits Like C or D
    as im trying to get the whole package as full libraries ,
    been looking for them for long time but found samples not the complete libraries

i already have waldorf plugins like wave v3 but original full libraries A.B.C.D (full /complete collection) or at least a converted to wav would be better to have it

if any kind soul have the full libraries in his collection in wav or other ready to use format
    please pm me urgently , in return i ll reward him cool goodies as appreciation

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hello @hani king, maybe that will help.
    Waveterm Library: Here is the whole pile of .WAV files converted from Waveterm Disks to the date shown, more will be added as we go on (currently 416 wav files). 14th March 2001 (10.3Mb)

4. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. hani king

thank you @No Avenger for the page ,i downloaded the whole files and i noticed the folders had 84 and 85 disks only
    so is there 1986 disks or 87s out there ?
    wow how many disks are missing from waveterm that not converted yet ?

this alone drives me crazy, did waldorf company added all ppg sounds to their old plugins like wave ?

i spend like 2 hours listening to every sample shot from that site above and looking for description of that sample
    its tiring process to read describtion and listen to these samples in numbers without knowing what they are
    so i went a head and renamed the folders accordingly for better search through my DAW,if anyone want the folder organized

go here ,i put the renamed folders at my mega link for sharing stuff ,here (just copy paste the link back together)
    mega.nz/file/
    Krp1TQbZ#suiFtwA-DOROcXg_TyvGsffS3Ha4xOnGfM7e7l-unUc
    just unzip,no password needed

thank you @BEAT16 for the pack really appreciate it
    (your pack are not complete library im afraid ,you might update your pack from my link above
    in categorized folders for easier access while producing

i hope others might have the full collection ,

6. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

I have no idea.

I meanwhile found this page too http://www.ppg.synth.net/download.shtml. Scroll down to Waveterm Library. Sadly, the separate wavs don't have any useful names.

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hello @hani king, thank you very much for the effort and sharing this.

8. daddyjeff

daddyjeff Member

I use the waveEdit to convert wavetables to mi waldorf wave and waldorf blofeld and
    plugin waldorf PPG wave v3.

There is an online community that also shares tables of where generated from sounds OBX, moog, ensoniq, jupiter ... the best wave tables that I like the most are those shared by some users of waldorf wave and waldorf Q for WaveEdit.

this is public domain

https://waveeditonline.com/

this is WaveEdit wave table generator and editor

https://synthtech.com/waveedit

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. hani king

you welcome @BEAT16 (keep your eyes open here someone might have the full PPG WT collection)

@daddyjeff thank you for the link ,

yeah i already know about that site but you can judge for yourself these are generated wavs
    but im talking about ppg complete libraries A/B/C ,thats the holygrail of PPG 80s sound samples
    and so far only 70% of total sounds were shared on the first 2 comments above
    hence there are alot of floppy disks need to be uncovered my friend and believe me
    there are many sounds still not converted that we havent heard before from ppg waveterm A,B and C

common guys lets keep digging those missing disks

10. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

www.hermannseib.com/waveterm/download.shtml
    www.ppg.synth.net/waveterm/wt_lib.shtml

Waveterm C team (Can't you even send him a mail!)
    Hermann Seib Programming the user interface and PPG routines
    Paul Maddox Hardware and low-level programming
    Dave Forward Protocol information basics

Developers
    Basement Studio Dave Forwards webpage
    Modulus Eletronics Paul Maddoxs synth creations
    Seib.synth.net Hermann Seibs page

PPG links
    PPG.synth.net One of the most extensive PPG pages on the internet
    Hermann Seibs PPG pages some great resources and tools
    Antarctica Media one of the longest running PPG pages www.seib.synth.net/ppg/library.htm

The Waveterm C is a software/hardware combination that links a PC to a PPG component such as the Wave 2.3 in order to create and manipulate complex sounds. This system carries on where the original Waveterm and Waveterm B finished. The project is being done in the spare time of its developers, so whilst not being quick it is done be PPG enthusiasts so it will be completed and fully working eventually.

waveterm C + real PPG Wave2.3 - sampling data transfer - (Ask him about Waveterm C)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  11. Obineg

Obineg Platinum Record

for many users of waveterm and wave 2.3 the factory content was not the most interesting thing about it.