Please help with arturia Jun-6V

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ludo7777, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Ludo7777

Ludo7777 Noisemaker

I'm using Jun-6v as a bass in my song, but it keeps emitting crackling noise that really bothers me. I've tried tweaking knobs but I'm still having difficulty solving this. Can anyone please help out? Thanks. The bass stem below starts at approx 0:23.

I'm using a desktop with i7 CPU, 16GB RAM, with scarlett solo 3rd gen audio interface.

The wav file is frozen and flattened (turned into audio) from the original juno track.

Also attached screenshot of the current preset

Last edited: Mar 16, 2022

Attached Files:

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

your wavfile is empty. :guru:

4. thebeatsareill

thebeatsareill Kapellmeister

Your track doesn't play. I skipped through from :23 and on, never heard anything.
    I opened the same preset to compare for you. Velo Bass makes no crackling for me at all.
    I noticed that you have the voice calibration to "good" while it loads to "poor" by default.
    It looks like you turned the delay sync off and adjusted the timing, it is on by default. I wonder if the delay parameters are causing the crackle, but I highly doubt it. Then I noticed at the bottom left you have the LFO DCO turned up.

You could try saving that preset as something new so you can comeback to it, load up the original Velo Bass and see if you still hear the crackle, if not, then I would say that it is one of the tweaks you made, though I doubt it.

I occasionally hear crackling in my DAW if I use too much CPU, not sure if you are aware of this issue, see if you have too much loaded at once, and print some of your lines if necessary.

5. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Try to increase your ASIO buffer and see if crackle disappear.

6. casesmear

casesmear Member

Sometimes when switching presets it creates a CPU spike and the playback starts to crackle. If that happens you can disable\re-enable your (asio-)device on the taskbar/tray.
    If it happens often you can up the buffersize in the asiopanel, and/or switch windows Powerplan from Power Saver to High Performance when working with your DAW.

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

Sometimes when your plugin is not authorized correctly they will emit all sorts of great sounds! :snuffy:

8. Ludo7777

Ludo7777 Noisemaker

I'm sorry. There must've been something wrong with the file for some reason. I edited the post.

9. Ludo7777

Ludo7777 Noisemaker

Thank you for your reply! My computer works fine without any spikes, and I'm using focusrite interface so I'm not sure if that's the problem.

10. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

Could happen anyway, it's more related to your CPU usage than what audio device you're using. Give it a try, increase the buffer size, even if that's not the problem it'll help narrow down the issue.