Please help me activate Kontakt libraries

Discussion in 'Software' started by Story, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Story

Story Noisemaker

All of my Audioz Kontakt libraries exist in DEMO state

I am cycling through installations of the various releases of Kontakt, SymLink, Portable, etc.

The libraries continue to appear as DEMO state only.

Can anyone help me?

If so please kontakt me immediately, thank you.

I have tried reading through the various threads without luck thus far.

3. MauricePophens

MauricePophens Noisemaker

If they are libraries with nicnt files, open that file with text editor, look at the SPIND and copy that. Find your service center folder which is HD LIbrary Application Support NI Service Center on mac (sounds like you are on windows but it shouldn't be hard to figure out where this library is located). Open up the XML file of the kontakt library located there. Check the SPIND and if it doesn't match the NICNT then replace it with that SPIND. Then, open the library, point the library to the folder of the library with samples/instruments/nicnt to locate files, wait for it to scan, have phun.

4. Story

Story Noisemaker

Thanks, I've arrived at a working Kontakt with activated demos through Kontakt Portable now! For libraries that do not have a designated NICNT, and are not registered via auto-detect: what is the best way to activate them?

Thanks, what a great time!

5. MauricePophens

MauricePophens Noisemaker

You could just open them by using the file browser and clicking on the .nki of the instrument you want to use.