Please help!! Looking for an acapella!!

Discussion in 'Music' started by djtenebrio, Nov 5, 2014.

1. djtenebrio

djtenebrio Newbie

Hello guys!!

I been looking like crazy for an acapella but I'm not able to find it: Frankie Knuckle - Your Love

There is only one crappy dub version with some drums in it but I need a clean acapella, does it even exist??

Thank you!!

Mister Tenebrio

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

just done a bit of googling, couldn't find anything :snuffy:

I hadn't realised Frankie died this year :sad: R.I.P. Frankie :hug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDS7boNwtKk

4. PumasNFatLaces

PumasNFatLaces Ultrasonic

I did that too even tried looking for the multitrack session and nothing.

5. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

I have a couple of different mixes on Trax vinyl from back in da day, but alas, no acapella.

Best of luck with your search, I know how soul destroying it is when you NEED an acapella that don`t exist. :mates:

I assume you know that Jamie Principle was the vocalist.

6. supersharpshooter

supersharpshooter Member

This is quite an interesting track you picked!

Your Love was originally done by Jamie Principle, he wrote the song and sang the male vocals, with Adrienne Jett being the female backing vocalist. When writing 'Your Love' Jamie was influenced by the track 'Feels good' by Electra feat Tara Butler. Electra is John Truelove who went on to record as 'The Source'.

Your Love didnt do that well for Jamie initially, then Frankie Knuckles produced his House version a few years later, it got re-released and became a big classic.

This has happened so many times in music, where a song is released, doesnt do that well initially, then a different producer comes along, takes the song, and transforms it into a classic.

This tune is also partly responsible for the Classic track 'You got the love' by The Source feat Candi Staton. John Truelove recording as 'The Source' Got hold of the acapella for 'You got the love' and slapped it over Frankie's version of 'Your Love' and put 1000 copies out on a white label bootleg, with the Words 'Rock' on one side, and 'Love' on the other side. Luckily I have this bootleg on vinyl, it took a few years to hunt it down because I initially had it and then lost it at a house party back in the day, so had to track it down again!

John True love then decided to make an official version of 'You got the love' with Candi Staton, it got a proper release, and like 'Your Love' it became a huge hit. Even today that song is still amazing!

So basically John True love influenced Jamie, John/Jamie influenced Frankie, and Jamie/Frankie influenced John with a song initially influenced by John! Haha!

Went on a tangent there but these songs are worthy of many many words, special tunes from special times.

To answer the OP's question, there isn't an acapella of 'Your Love' available, I'm sure the record company and some producers have the original studio files, but as far as I know I have never seen an acapella of it, and I have a good awareness of acapellas.

The only acapellas I know of from Frankie Knuckle tunes that you can get are 'Tears' and 'Soon I Will Be Done'.

The Dub version you mentioned, which version is that? I know there is a dub version by Jamie Priciple, you can get at some of the vocal but there's some white noise percussion behind it, maybe be able to clean it up in Izotope RX4?

The other alternative is to get a copy of the instrumental & vocal versions, then try the phase invert method to extract the vocal, but if you know about this method already, you'll know it's a not always successful.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QXf1xml8Ko[/media]

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO5_W7_CRhw[/media]

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kup0BdoLzbg[/media]

7. PumasNFatLaces

PumasNFatLaces Ultrasonic

Man, supersharpshooter i heard that same story. Wow small world after all. I figured there was no acapella available I went so far as to get Jamie's cell number and ask to re-hook the song LMAO!! Peace to all.

8. djtenebrio

djtenebrio Newbie

This breaks my heart, I really wanted to get the acapella, or maybe I'll just get a singer to do the whole thing, anyway, this is the version I came up with the vocals I got, it doesn't sound as good as I wish, but I think is close enough, tell me what you think:

Mister Tenebrio - Your Love

9. Haliax

Haliax Guest

Can you get a clean recording that hasn't gone through any mp3/flac compression? Spleeter might give you a clean enough acapella.

10. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

You may have a look at this Nov 5, 2014. :winker:

11. Haliax

Haliax Guest

Damn me and my searching for Frankie Knuckles without looking at the date.

12. orbitbooster

orbitbooster Audiosexual

Off topic: did someone recognize the symbol on the record (tip: an old tv scifi series)?