Please help! How can I get this synth sound on my synthesizer?

Discussion in 'humor' started by Majestic, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Majestic

Majestic Rock Star

Hello Audiosexers. It is I, Majestic.

While listening to some music yesterday, I stumbled upon a very peculiar sound. Due to the acoustically "impossible" nature of it, I must surmise that it was produced by a synthesizer.

You can here examples of the sound in the following videos. The sound I'm referring to can be heard throughout either video:

Did you listen to it? Did you hear what I'm talking about? Amazing, isn't it? The sound has the fatness of analog, yet it also has the clarity of digital. It is punchy, yet unintrusive. It is thick, but doesn't take up the entire mix. It is versatile, it can be used as a bass, or used as a pad. It sounds strangely vintage, but also very modern as well.

Can someone please help me get this synth sounds on my synthesizer?! Please!

Also, can someone identify the large black synthesizer that is being played in the videos. I noticed it said "Steinway & Sons" on one of the videos, but I searched for it on http://www.vintagesynth.com/ and found nothing.

Can I replicate this sound on one of my soft synths or will I need to go out and by a hardware synth? I don't have the money right now to afford one. Can I replicate this sound on Omnisphere? What about Diva? Which oscillators do I need to use? I'm not that good at synthesis so can someone do it for me and then upload it. Thanks.

I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time. I'm bored.

More info:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4′33″

3. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

Yes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

It's Vacuum Semi-Pro's preset 000 (you'll find it in the 'Hot Air' category), though you might need to turn the filter and volume fully down (otherwise it's just too upfront and a bit harsh). :yes:

The big synth is called 'The Coffin For Two And A Half Men' (arranged rectangularly, you know). The highly sought after original is made by Holzway & Sons, but since it's almost unaffordable they used the cheap Steinway replica.
    If you listen closely you can hear the difference. There's no way like Holzway.

5. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

You can reproduce this sound rather easily with the Pianoteq synthesizer ;-)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

You dont need that Omnisphere crack shit for this.Moreover, none of the suggestions are worth shit. These guys dont know shit about pianos. I know. Here is how to reproduce it:
    1. You need FL Studio.
    2. Use fruity keys ( which is the best piano vst).
    3. Play it through your speakers.
    4. Use your SM58 with the Antares Mic Emulator to record from speakers into your DAW
    5. Insert air compressor in Master buss ala @No Avenger
    6. Render to audio

Edit: Use 32bit Fl Studio. Much better than the 64bit shit.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  7. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

i guess some avantgarde art aloens did spend a lot for that super special performances...
    thats the future ...
    unbelievable innovative
    im not worth talkin bout it , my syntax is to plain

8. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Look, honestly the big classic versions of the Pyan-no are huge, heavy, require constant maintenance, they cost thousands of dollars and where would you even put it? They are toys for hipsters who just want to own furniture, not play. Luckily though, I hear Behringer is coming out with a very affordable new version for a great price and I would wait for that.

[​IMG]

9. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Absolutely. :yes: After I inserted one of my famous air compressor to Taskforce's $2.5mio console with a jackhammer almost every song sounds as great as those above. :like:

10. Polomo

Polomo Guest

Cutoff on 0 Hz on Low Pass
    or volume on - ∞ dB
    or Silence Patch.jpg

Attached Files: