Playable strings like Cinematic Strings?

Discussion in 'Software' started by reignerrr, Dec 1, 2019.

1. reignerrr

reignerrr Ultrasonic

Is there another library like cinematic strings that allow you to play live with strong attack transitions?

tried albion one, symphobia, 8dio majestica and they fails in this aspect because they sound like too soft and slow

my goal is to get like a nightwish strings but with samples, it can be done with cinematic strings but the keyswitches are unreachable even in a 88 note controller, also CS is too heavy and i don't know why disabling some articulations doesn't make the patch lighter

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

- Download SonusCore The Orchestra
    - Load the main instrument.
    - Hit a couple of notes
    - If you don't recognize Nightwish "The Siren" first seconds intro I'm deaf.

Yes, it is that good. Small (around 6-7GB) non-cinematic orchestra but the features, programming and playability are outstanding.

There's a newer version ("The Orchestra Complete") only for Kontakt 6+. Features good things like more articulations and MIDI export. Also very bad things, like including a totally different string library (Strings of LameWinter) probably because it sold bad and bloates it up to (10-12GB).

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

NI's Session Strings is a decent library but better to try out some of Omnisphere's String presets then adjust the envelopes. Output's Analog Strings and Heavyocity's NOVA are also highly configurable. Anything in Kontakt that runs on the Photosynthesis engine allows for the type of modulation you need.
    These are all the heavy hitters. You could find .sfz libraries and use envelopes, compression + reverb; and remember:

"If you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything"

upload_2019-12-1_17-45-4.png

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  5. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Your other approach might be just to use Cinematic Strings and remap the keyswitches where you can get to them. I don't know what you use as a live host but with something like Cantabile that would be easy easy. (Although it wouldn't address the other issue suppose...)

6. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

A common trick is to layer them with staccato/spiccato.
    Actually, layering different libraries (overall) is common as well, blending different colors/characteristics.