play with your music - Peter Gabriel edition

Discussion in 'Education' started by floond, May 7, 2014.

1. floond

floond Platinum Record

If you’ve ever wanted to learn to mix your own songs using the newest tools on the web, you can now do so as part of “Play With Your Music” #PWYM – an online community and course offered in collaboration between NYU Steinhardt’s Department of Music and Performing Arts Professions, Peter Gabriel and Peer 2 Peer University.

Peter has approved the usage of two of most iconic songs “In Your Eyes” and “Sledgehammer” for a new online sound mixing class being run in conjunction with the New York University Steinhardt’s Department of Music and Performing Arts and the Peer 2 Peer University.

Music enthusiasts of all ability levels, who want to learn how to mix their own songs using the newest tools on the web, can now learn online from experts for free as part of the “Play With Your Music” online community and course that will commence on 16 May 2014. Sign up is now open at playwithyourmusic.org.

Students will have a chance to explore music production through working with the multi-tracks of “In Your Eyes” and “Sledgehammer” using the latest web-based production tools.

The course will be augmented by interviews by interviews with Jerry Marotta, percussionist on Gabriel’s So album, from which both tracks are taken, and Kevin Killen, Gabriel’s sound engineer.

“I’m a big fan of what the Peer 2 Peer University is trying to do to open up education to the world, and am very happy to be supporting this music project with NYU Steinhardt. It should make the world of music production much more accessible for those who want to explore it” Peter Gabriel

Read more and sign up here : http://www.playwithyourmusic.org

3. thisis theend

thisis theend Member

Holy smoke, this is like sth I dreamed about when I was a kid :thumbsup:

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

This is really cool, thanks so much for the info floond.[​IMG]

5. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Really Cool & shoot might sign up for shits & giggles but it's still better hands on :wink:

6. Revirau

Revirau Kapellmeister

I don't have any hero, but, if I have to choose, Peter Gabriel, as a real artist (no only a musician) would be the one.
    ¡Salute, Pietro!

7. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Patrick Codeny of Front 242 was holding a workshop but of course it was nowhere near me so I couldn't go. I still wake up screaming. :beg:

8. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

I'm in. Thanks for the info Floond

9. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

Sweet, I'm going to see PG in December as well