Plasma Rüby & Romina López - Sëason [Audiosexed Album]

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by swing, Jan 31, 2014.

1. swing

swing Newbie

Hello Audiosexers! :mates:

Still having some things to deal with.. this is my entry for the Album. *yes*

I was working in a whole different direction, but crashes remain, fever appeared and the deadline arrived fast.. so I was even thinking in taking officially a step aside from this. A friend almost kicked my ass when I told him that all the mess was pushing me out from the chance to drop something to the cause, so I had to use some 'rushed creativeness' -or whatever you want to call it- to put together this song.

I hope it moves some people here.

http://soundcloud.com/papercraft/plasma-r-by-romina-l-pez-f-ver

**Now I´m going to answer all the PMs... :wow: I couldn´t log in yesterday.

Hug.

- - - - - - - - - -

EDIT

I worked more on the mix, with a different approach.
    Hopefully I improved the song. I couldn't get the master right preserving the dynamics...

This is my final submission. Same song, different color, whole new song. :wink:

http://soundcloud.com/papercraft/plasma-r-by-romina-l-pez-s

3. thisis theend

thisis theend Member

Yeah Carl, I dig this kind of low-fi, glitchy ambient stuff. I really like the dynamic and emotional movement of your track. Very cinematic, would be great on a soundtrack to a movie about some desperate souls trying to squeeze a bit of happiness out of this crazy world :grooves:

The beginning seems a bit vague to me, as if you weren't really sure about what you wanted to do there. Personally I would've made that part a bit shorter and moved sooner to the guitar.
    About the part that comes @ 3.50 I think the crash is too loud and repetitive, it takes over too much in that segment, and the kick and bass there could be a bit more defined instead. Would be a nice contrast and combination with the floating feeling of the other sounds.

4. swing

swing Newbie

Well.. the beginning was even more disperse. I like blank spaces and some sort of randomness or discontinuity, a more 'open opening' -if you will- that´s what I´m chasing there. So 'vague' is close to my aiming. I´m improving it *yes* , a more dry sound doesn´t glue everything and more detail appears. That was my first mixing attempt, but it was taking so much time to reach the deadline. For the overall panorama I want an A/B structure with nice contrast for every moment, so the crescendo needs more dynamics and a bigger buildup finishing, and for the ending I want chaos. :guitarhero: I´ll push back the cymbals and try to get more definition, but everything is going to be dirtier and more gritty for sure.

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

It was a great moody piece but I agree with thisis theend about the crash, remember that you want to make generally one element the focal point at any given time so maybe make it the bass or another element and push the crash back a little so it's not as noticeable because at the moment it's sticking out and it gets repetitive distracting me from the other elements and overpowering the song. Don't worry about grit, grit is good, grit is your friend...visceral. Great work. :mates: