pkg installer throws error at the end of installation

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by aleksy, Aug 13, 2022.

1. aleksy

aleksy Kapellmeister

Hi there,

I was installing my usual VSTs and libraries on my new Macbook Pro (M1 Pro, 12.3) for the last couple of days and came across two pkg installers that didn't finish the installation successfully.

The most recent one was the Una Corda library I found on sister site (original release, not rollerball lite) that includes both a pkg installer for MacOS as well as the Win executable.
    Mounting the .iso and launching the pkg works fine, but near the end when the package contents are being verified or checked (not sure what terminology is being used in English MacOS), the installer goes "Installation failed because of an error" with no further information.

I tried installing that package through Pacifist as well. While opening the pkg Pacifist threw errors, that "Una Corda Library Part 20x.pkg" (x = 1 through 7) couldn't be opened because those files are missing.
    The additional pkg files I saw in Pacifist have a similar name ("Una Corda Library Part x.pkg") albeit the number being 200 lower than what the error mentions.

Now I am slightly confused as to what I can try out (kinda new to the Mac experience but managed to get most my plugins to work, extended attributes, codesigning and stuff).

Did anybody else run into similar problems and/or knows how to fix that, so that these pkgs install?

Thanks and cheers.

3. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

use the original iso to replace this 2015 oldie.
    Ni added the nks part more, introduced with kontakt 6, still version 1.0.0 but packed with a newer setup.

4. aleksy

aleksy Kapellmeister

How would I go about using the original iso? NI doesn't give out links to official installers unless you bought the product afaik.

EDIT: found it, thanks!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  5. clone

clone Audiosexual

Check your pm. I will send you link for codesigner beta in case you do not have it.

Any time you get an error installing scene software, the error message you get is a "real error"; but the information given by the error message is usually BS. When files are not Codesigned correctly, or permissions have gone screwy; you will get these messages. You need to fix *something* but tracing the errors will not help.

Codesigner Beta: use this instead of Terminal commands if possible. It is much faster, but it eliminates any possible typographical errors/syntax errors you might make while code signing. In terminal, sometimes when you issue a command and it fails/succeeds; it does not display output msg to Terminal to confirm anything happened. Codesigner will confirm success or failure.

BatChmod and Permissions Reset 2, Get both. I normally use BatChmod first and it resolves the permissions issue. Every once in a while, it will not work while Permissions Reset2 will work. I'm not sure why. Make sure your correct groups are checked, and then check off everything other than Clear Xattrs.

Get LuLu firewall, it is free alternative to using Little Bitch. https://objective-see.org/products/lulu.html

OSX Validate ALL AU's is very helpful if you are using Logic. You can force validate any plugin so that the Logic plugin manager sees the plugin without rebooting even. Every so often you will encounter a program/plugin installation that does require a reboot. But it's very infrequent.

Usually if you have to get Pacifist involved, you have taken a wrong turn somewhere or it is a bad release. Not always, but I would research before even trying to use it.

hth.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022