pitchbend

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by shandroke, Feb 22, 2013.

1. shandroke

shandroke Newbie

Hey Guys, can somebody tell me if it's possible to pitchbend vocals like DEORRO s REMIX(CHUKIE s 'make some noise')in fl and how if not then give some suggestions about how you guys do it. Thanks in advance!!!

3. Qaiss

Qaiss Ultrasonic

I have a pitch bend wheel on my keyboard for that.

But thats mainly for VSTs. For samples you can use the time stretching section in the channel settings of your vocals.

4. Someone

Someone Noisemaker

Either a VSTs like Pitchwheel by QuikQuak, maybe you'll find a good working free one here:
    http://freemusicsoftware.org/category/free-vst-effects-2/pitch-shifters

...or if you want to change the pitch of a sample just click it, go to section "SMP" and then to section "Time Stretching":
    [​IMG]

5. GangamStyle

GangamStyle Ultrasonic

It may be a pitchbend, but it sounds like its been granulated to me as well.

6. ImperceptiveSociety

ImperceptiveSociety Newbie

you should try out dmg audio pitchfunk.. pretty awsome and very versatile for pitching stuff.. simple little dll that goes right into fl studio

7. shandroke

shandroke Newbie

Thanks GUYS but I am talking about real time pitchbending like automating the pitchwheel of a vst , cause that is what he is doing , he basically takes a wav vocal sample and plays with it however he wants like playing with a pitchwheel on any vst that has one, and i really do not know how to do this, and i suspect that it is not possible in fl studio,so i was wondering if it can be done in other DAWS cause i know that some of you guys use different ones . The QUIQUAK Pitchwheel is in my oppinion terribly bad , i tried it and it sounds very destructive ,very very bad,i really don't find a use to it,can't imagine spending money on something like that . And i see this technique on many other artists out there , and i can't seem to find the way to do it.

8. jayhind

jayhind Ultrasonic

I am sure it is possible in most modern DAWs, in Reaper it is extremely easy. Just assign an automation lane to any slider in any VST and start bending. I personally use Reaper's own ReaPitch which offers multiple methods of time stretching.

If you are trying to speed up and slow down the wav instead of time stretching, then in Reaper you load up the sample in the built-in sampler (ReaSamplOmatic5000) and insert ReaControlMIDI plugin (also built-in) before that. Now you can change the speed in realtime after assigning automation to the pitchwheel, just remember to adjust the maximum bend range in SamplOmatic (which is by default set to 2).

9. Someone

Someone Noisemaker

If you want to know how to make automation envelopes for non-fruity plugins:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXUZoVMHOuI

You only have to use a pitch-plugin, I posted some before :wink:

Maybe this remake helps you,too
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtpd9MW4GLM

10. Evinerupt

Evinerupt Newbie

thats very interesting pitch bending vocals sounds like a good idea has to be possible

11. NanoKhat

NanoKhat Newbie

Select your Vocal track in the step sequencer to bring up it's channel settings. Just at the top you will see your first 3 knobs: Pan, Vol, and Pitch. The Pitch knob is what you want to automate and fiddle with, even link to a midi controller using a mod wheel.

Now if you wonder why it only pitches in a 200 cents range(-200 to +200), you can increase that range(max range is 4800cents). Just at the left of the Pitch knob you will see a box with the number 2. That represents your current pitch range(2 for 200cents). You can increase that number to 48 or bring it down to 1.

Hope this helps! :3 It's what I use to make pitching effects with various stuff.