Pitch shifting in logic pro X, HQ plugins?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Highdom, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Highdom

Highdom Kapellmeister

Ableton has amazing Warping and time stretching features.
    In sound design in Logic or other daws could be really cool if i can quickly pitched up or down my samples (Toms or other percussions for instance), just editing a knob.
    Any other possible ways to avoid the making of instrumental sampler track?

Some nice plugins to work with to get pitch shifting as ableton's quality?

Thanks have a good audioSEX day! Ahah

3. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Ableton uses the Z Plane Elastique engine for warping. Same as REAPER and some other DAWs that Im not aware of.
    I dont use logic but can you just tweak the pitch of the sample or automate the pitch?
    I seem remember a friend doing tape style pitch drops natively in logic with automation.

ZPlane also makes their engine available as a plugin

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  4. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

For drum hits use Ultrabeat (or Vengeance's own Phalanx sampler). If you try to pitch up/down a sample in a way other than speeding it up/slowing down, you'll get artefacts very quick. For other type of experiments you have the Flex modes.

Friendly advice: Don't try to use the same workflow in different daws if don't want to grow frustrated - each daw has it's own advantages as well as dissadvantages.