Piracy is gone completely

Discussion in 'humor' started by ablekuma, Oct 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyberfunk

cyberfunk Member

Are Vaginas not a good thing? As a heterosexual man I have to say I love them. Not to mention I would not be here in this forum were it not for my mother who had a vagina which I came out of. I can't say I have the same love for Steve Slate. Never met him... It's time to think about what we're saying and what these words actually mean. Women including their vaginas are probably the best thing about this planet imho.

2. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Piracy is the key for the survival of art.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Clayton123

Clayton123 Producer

Gonna have to disagree. When I was 15 I wasn't gonna be paying $60 a month to use some shit I might not even like. Would never have gotten into music without piracy and no company would ever have made a dime from me.

4. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Yes Cubase , bull crap one month trial and you can not even demo it if you do not have a Dongle.
    Get real, a one month trial is not enough to really get a good feel if you really like or the software does what you need or want it to do.
    If all the software was more like Reapers trial, the world would be a better place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. ElecTrick

ElecTrick Producer

@Cafenegro
    You are free to think and espress yourself whatever you want, but what you can´t do is to insult to anybody that think diferent to you ...
    That actitud have a name ...

I´ve never insulting to anybody in this forum, so I´m asking the same for me : the same respect.

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2017
  6. korniceman3000

korniceman3000 Ultrasonic

I don't think anyone is arguing about plug-in subscription if they find it more affordable at the time than owning but that does not eliminate piracy by any means... What it does do is allow more small scaled studios in search of famous brand names to "rent" plug-ins to enhance their status by throwing software names to entice potential clientele. It certainly does not improve quality (that all depends on the skill of the audio engineer, mixer, songwriters, producers, etc.)

I think you have copyright ownership confused with music licensing. Copyright is not the equivalent of renting. Copyright is an exclusive legal right that gives the person or company the complete ownership/authorship of a literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works. It is not a subscription by any means. Music licensing on the other hand is like renting as it is non-exclusive and licensees do not own the original works (only the newly made version from which they are required to pay royalties, depending on the contract). Also, you cannot compare subscription with electricity. You are buying electricity and you own the power being supplied to you. The power company cannot take back that energy supplied to you the same way WAVES can stop your plug-in from functioning. You can store that electricity or use it to recharge batteries and that energy will permanently belong to you, just like most utilities like water, gas, etc. Also, the same does not apply to research and development either as you have the ability to trademark and patent and that will give you exclusive rights and complete ownership for a set duration until it expires. With trademarks, they can be renewed but with patents, they become public domain until someone modifies it with something new and applies for a new patent.

7. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

if piracy is over, where's the people making music instead of downloading ozone8?
    (ps i downloaded it)

8. Cafenegro

Cafenegro Member

Where is the insult?

When you use cracked software you're stealing from the company/person that owns it. So, you're a thief.

And when you claim that you only steal the software because the demo is too short, you are lying (because the solution for a 'too short' demo is not stealing, but finding a different product that offers a better demo). So, you are a liar.

A thief and a liar. Not rocket science, you know?

9. Cafenegro

Cafenegro Member

There is always an excuse for stealing. Hopefully nobody will rape your sister or daughter under the excuse that he just wanted to make sure she was worth marrying!

I mean, why ask for permission from the plugin developer or from your sister? Neither one of them is giving enough for people to get a clear idea of what they bring to the table (or the bed, in your sister/daughter's case)...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  10. Torrao

Torrao Platinum Record

I had a precious guitar stolen. Something was taken off me that I will NEVER recover. That's stealing. No matter how many times I download shit, their owners won't have it taken away from them. They will still have it. I didn't take away anything from them. So I'm not stealing. They just won't see my money, which they wouldn't have anyway. With the added bonus that if a like the stuff I might actually buy it.

So here you got my excuse. And I don't give a damn about what you think of it :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

cafe i think it's time to stop posting

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Cafenegro

Cafenegro Member

Why, my friend? Lots of young people here who need to hear a different perspective, an honest perspective. Young people who should be following good example, not learning to steal.

We live in great times, where great music can be made with a few tools. There is no real need to steal other people's work - the victims have families to feed and dreams to realize, just like you and I. When we steal from them, we hurt them and their families; we kill their dreams.

We can do better than that.

13. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

There is always a lame ass excuses not to let the user really use the software and get them to buy it. Just buy a lame ass product.
    If a product was that good at a reasonable price I am sure most would buy it.

Now there is no need to insult my family or anyone's else's. I did not mention yours!
    This is a conversation about software. KEEP IT THAT WAY !:deep_facepalm:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  14. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

plz-stop-post.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  15. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

Daily drama thread...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Cafenegro

Cafenegro Member

You DO NOT need to buy lame software at any price. Stealing is not a solution for anything.

See how you want to protect your family? Well, the victim of your theft also has a family he loves and wants to feed, to protect. Just like you. The victim has dreams for his business. And when you steal from him, you're hurting his family. You are hurting him. You are killing his dreams. You are preventing him from getting the fruits of his work.

Treat others the way you want to be treated. That's all.

17. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@Cafenegro if you really feel this way... did you ever consider you might not be in the right place for you ?

tho I get the feeling this also may not be your only account here.... is this your
    spew and troll one m8 ?

18. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

@Cafenegro You bet my man using pirat softwares is stealing. But so is selling overpriced crappy vst that never get updated, took 2 months of r&d 10 years ago, are infinetly reproductable and don't need any more cost for producing....So I guess we're even with those guys.
    May I say : you're on the wrong site for preaching you annoying completely unjustified crap. No one will change their ways because of your awfull propaganda. People have a brain.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  19. Cafenegro

Cafenegro Member

Yes, I have thought about that. And came to the conclusion that even if just one person decides to do the right thing as a result of me posting, that is a very good thing. It doesn't cost me much to visit once in a while (I don't post much) and have these interesting debates.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Cafenegro

Cafenegro Member

Stealing is not the 'response' to greedy developers selling 'crappy VST that never get updated'. The right and SMART response is to not buy!!!! Why would you want 'crappy VST that never get updated', anyway?

And yes, I agree with you that some developers are thieves, too. They sell overpriced crap. That's true. I'd never buy anything from Slate (the subscription model is for fools), Empirical Labs (no freaking Compressor is worth $300), etc. But I would not steal from them - I can use better and cheaper alternatives.

Stealing can't be justified.